Four

Heaven

"Hey pook" Raymond said as I slid into his car. I love his car. It's a black challenger with red interior and his tint is dark. I love our little white Kia, but his car is wayyy better.

"Hey, can we get breakfast? I didn't have time to eat" I said buckling my seatbelt as he took off from my house.

"I see. You look nice by the way. It's good seeing you with some actual clothes" It wasn't much. I just wasn't wearing birkenstocks or crocs, so this is pretty dressed up for me.

"Whatever" I grabbed his phone turning the music to Summer Walker

"Whatever" I grabbed his phone turning the music to Summer Walker. I like to vibe out before school.

"Mannn. My parents came home last night. They asked about you" he said turning down the music. 

"Oh really?"

"Yeah. They was just asking did I spend the night over there while they were gone and I was like yeah because I was hungry and I can't cook nothing but breakfast and they offered to hire a chef. Like, I'm straight now. Y'all shoulda did that when y'all left me when I was ten going to the sixth grade" I looked over at him and he was clenching his jaw and gripping the steering wheel.

"I mean it is what it is. My family loves you and I love you and I promise I won't ever leave you" I said touching his arm. I watched his body relax into the seat.

"I love you too" he said. I nodded and relaxed in my seat turning up the music. He pulled in Starbucks and let down his window to order.

"What you want?"

"Ummmmm" I looked at the menu knowing what I already want.

"Lemme get two bacon cheddar egg sandwiches and two cheese Danishes and a venti pink drink and venti dragon drink" he said before I could say my order. They gave him the total and he pulled up.

"How'd you know what I want?"

"Pookie you get the same breakfast Starbucks order every time. Lunch it be different, but I know you" I rolled my eyes.

When we pulled into school, we sat in the parking lot eating our breakfast. We got here early with fifteen minutes to spare before the late bell rung and first period began.

"Oohhhh shit" I looked over at Raymond and followed the direction he was looking. I watched Kaitlyn walk towards his car wearing an angry expression.

"She looks pissed"

"I was supposed to get her Panera this morning, but I forgot. Imma see you after school. Lock the door" he said tossing his keys at me and grabbing his stuff. I heard slight yelling coming from the side of the car before him and Kaitlyn disappeared into the school.

Nevaeh

It's been two weeks since I have been living with my grandma and it has been not so good. I thought I would just be here like usual. Usually, going to my grandma's meant her cooking and baking everything she can get her eyes on. She always let's us chill or she is telling stories about her childhood.