Five

Keisha

I woke up and started patting to the left of me just to find myself patting empty space. Darrell came home late last night and he left early this morning I guess, but maybe he just went on his jog. I sighed, plopping my body back down and started thinking about everything I had to do for today. I closed my eyes and starting making my mental list.

I had to first take the kids to school. Then, go grocery shopping since our kitchen is damn near empty. Also, wash, dry, and fold the kids laundry. By the time i'm done with that, it should be time to get the kids from school. Then, I gotta cook dinner, make sure any work is done, clean the kitchen, and get them to bed.

"Yo mama. Pops asked were you taking us to school" Darnell said causing me to squint. Here we go.

"First, do not walk in my room talking bout some 'yo mama'. Try again"

"Goodmorning mother. Are you taking us to school ? Father asked" I liked to just threw all my pillows at this smart ass lil nigga.

"Yeah, I'm off today" I said in a sigh , standing up, walking to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and washed my face before walking to my closet. I picked out a simple yet very cute outfit. I wanted to be comfortable yet stylish since the majority of time I am either in my work scrubs or my bummy mom clothes. I was also going to talk to the triplets principal. I'm already getting emails from Darnell and Kendra's homeroom teacher.

I walked downstairs to see Logan and Luna sitting eating oatmeal eating at the counter in their uniforms. Olivia was making scrambled eggs and Ken was making toast.

"Goodmorning Lo and Lulu" I said going in between them and kissing their cheeks.

"Goodmorning mama. Have a good day! I love you" Luna said.

"I'm not leaving right now and I'm taking you guys to school, but I love you too baby" my angel.

"Oh okay" she said going back to her oatmeal.

"Goodmorning Ken and Liv" I said walking in.

"Morning Ma" they said at the same time.

"Y'all actually cooking" I said in a surprised tone. Most days i had to first drag these kids out of bed let alone get them to just eat breakfast.

"Daddy was going to make bacon, but he had a phone call. I think he is calling out of work" Ken said. I nodded looking at the time on the microwave. We had a good ten minutes before we had to leave.

"Hurry up and eat kiddos. I'm taking you to school" I said going into the fridge to get their lunches together. I'll be glad when my oldest kids will learn to make their own lunches. They know what they like.

Darrell

"Nari" I immediately said when Anari answered the facetime call. I haven't talked to her ina couple weeks. Usually when we call each other, it is to catch up with new updates on the kids.

"Darrell" she said, giving me her attention. She was obviously in her salon office.

"You busy?" I asked.

"Nah. I just came in early to order things. Wassup? Everything good with the kids?"

"Yeah. It's Keisha"

"What about her?"

"I think she cheating on me" she started laughing. "I'm dead ass"

"Boy shut up. Why you think that?"

"Because.. She is so distant. Like I've been working late lately and when I come home she be ignoring me. I swear I haven't had a normal conversation with her in weeks. Its like she obviously getting attention from else where cause she damn sure aint letting me give her mine"