Chapter 30

I sighed for the seventh time this morning. Sitting on the couch all day wasn't what I planned on doing. But with the lazy bum next to me, I couldn't do anything else without getting yelled at. It wasn't long before a bomb was set off in my head.

"I'm tired of this!" I announced.

"Tired of what?"

"Staying inside... Not to mention, with YOU!" I complained. "Can't you see how nice the weather is outside?" I sighed for the eighth time. "I need some fresh air."

"Do you really?" he asked in a sarcastic tone.

"Yes, I do!" I exclaimed, getting ready to exit the dorm in my sweatpants.

"Wash my car while you're out there," he told me.

"No."

"Yes."

"No. Bye."

"Yes," he stopped me. "You stole my car yesterday, so you're gonna pay by washing my car, whether you like it or not."

"No."

"YES."

"You can't make me!" I challenged him, putting on a formidable face.

Instead of getting the reaction that I was expecting, his lips curled into a smirk. He took a step forward with an intimidating look in his eyes. I backed away, trying to keep my face looking extra-serious.

"Or can I?" he raised an eyebrow.

My back hit the wall with a thud as he pinned me against the flat surface. Great.

"Hmm? What was that?" he leaned in closer.

"I..."

He tilted his head, waiting for an answer.

"I... Uh..."

WAIT.

WAAAAIIIITTTTTT!!!

He is WAAAAY too close. WAY WAY WAAAY TOO CLOSE!!!

"OKAY, FINE," I panicked back into reality.

"That's what I thought," he dropped his arms and walked over to the kitchen counter. He presented me with a bucket, a sponge, and soap. Wow, did he plan this ahead of time? He had the equipment ready and everything. "I'll have to watch you, or you might steal my car again."

After pulling his car out of the parking deck, he parked out in the empty parking lot next to the SM building. Somehow, he managed to find a hose for me to spray down his car. Damn, this guy was fully prepared for me to wash his car.

"Start scrubbing," he told me as he sat back on his chair, putting on a pair of shades.

So why did I agree to do this again? Because he decided to be a tad threatening? Right, it happens every time. Why am I still falling for his tricks?

Scrubbing in circles was fun for the first few minutes as I watched the soap foam up and cover the windshield. With my sud-covered hands, I formed a circle and blew. A big bubble flew and danced in the wind, leaving me giggling. The bubbles kept coming, until they started flying in Heechul's direction.

"What are you doing?" he looked up from his magazine.

"N-Nothing..." I took up the sponge and started scrubbing again.

Hmph, what a joy killer. Scrub, scrub, scrub... Is that all he wants me to do?

Unconsciously, I began to hum a familiar tune. I'm not exactly sure what song it was... It just suddenly popped up in my head. It was a happy tune, despite the condition I'm right now. Slowly, the words came out of my mouth as I quietly sang to myself.