Chapter 47

This can't be happening... This can't be happening.

One, he's a ridiculously famous superstar. Two, everything seemed normal just yesterday. Three, nothing like this could happen to Heechul!

This can't be happening. I just kept repeating it to myself. This can't be happening.

The five of us, Yesung, Ryeowook, Siwon, Kyuhyun and I, were riding in Yesung's car to the hospital. Siwon sat in the passenger seat by Yesung, while the rest of us were in the back.

"There were sasaeng fans chasing his car," Kyuhyun said. "They were racing to catch up to him. And when he tried to change lanes, the fans didn't slow down."

I heard a small gasp from Ryeowook. Everyone else stayed silent.

"They hit Heechul's car on the left side... And the impact threw his car against another car."

"Are the sasaeng fans okay?" Siwon asked.

"I don't know, it was a hit and run."

"When did this happen?" Ryeowook asked.

"Sometime this morning."

That explains why he didn't make it to the radio show.

"Then why are we just now finding out??"

"Manager hyung was the first to find out. He didn't contact anyone, because we were all working. And to avoid any media attention, he asked that no one visits Heechul... At least until we were out of work."

He's right... It would seem suspicious for the members to suddenly leave work or not show up at their next event. And having half of Super Junior to go to the same hospital.

The frown remained stiff on my face. I knew something was wrong. He should've came home at 6 like he does every day. And I should've been home at 6 to wait for him. But that wouldn't have changed anything... Even if I waited, he still wouldn't have came home.

We arrived at the hospital and quickly proceeded to the fifth floor. Room 549 was at the end of the hallway. Siwon knocked.

"Come in," Manager Junghoon said.

I hesitated to push the door open. I wasn't ready to see Heechul.

But Siwon did it for me.

At first, I saw Leeteuk and Eunhyuk sitting on one side of the room. Slowly, my eyes traveled to the person on the hospital bed.

Heechul looked peaceful, as if he were just sleeping. He only had a few band-aids stuck on his face, so it couldn't have been that bad. He was dressed in green hospital clothes. Something he'd never wear for a million dollars.

I didn't see anything wrong with him. That is, until I looked at the rest of his body.

He had a cast on his left arm. Then his left leg was wrapped up several times and put in a giant cast. It was impossible to miss.

I bit down on my lip. I never thought I'd see Heechul like this. The guy who'd always tease me and bully me. The one who always seemed so full of himself.

"Sit down, Mina," Leeteuk said as he got up.

"No, it's okay," I told him. But he pulled my arm and sat me down anyways.

We were all speechless. I stared at the ground to avoid seeing Heechul in a state he'd never want anyone to see him in.

Zhou Mi and Henry came in shortly after.

There were no words. Zhou Mi wasn't the usual cheery Mimi that I knew. Neither was Henry.

A doctor came in to check on Heechul. He thought it'd be a good time to fill us in, since most of us were here.