21

"We have made a decision."

The atmosphere inside of the schoolboard's meeting room was heavy. Jennie sat nervously crossing and uncrossing her legs under the large wooden table. Kai sat just across from her. His professional facade never faltering.

"Throughout the week we have been searching for any evidence indicating who might have been the person who actually put up the inappropriate posters," Kingsley said. "At this school, we have a zero-tolerance policy for inappropriate material being displayed for our students to see. You both have been found not at fault. We simply didn't have any evidence that pointed to who the real perpetrator was."

Kai and Jennie both knew exactly who the person at fault was, but both decided to keep quiet.

"As for now, you two are going to be closely monitored. If anything like this comes up again and one of you are responsible for it, you will be out of those doors before you can even think about asking to keep your job. Am I understood?"

"Yes, Dean."

------------------

"What did they say," you asked.

"They said that we are both on thin ice basically. They said that if I make a mistake like this again that I would be fired without question."

"Did I just hear you say that you were the one who actually put the posters up," Kai asked.

"She didn't mean it that way."

"Sounded like a confession to me. Let me go get the dean and see what he has to say about it."

"Kai, that's enough! Why won't you leave me be? I have done nothing wrong to you, so why do you continuously try to hurt me?"

"Jennie, you have done so much wrong by me. It's as if you are blind to it."

"You are the one who is blind. You just don't understand that you are the bad person here."

"You cheated on me, and you humiliated me."

"I have never cheated on you."

"Then who is that standing beside you? A concerned student."

"Y/n was concerned and is my student, so...that checks out."

"I don't see any of your other students here. It seems kind of odd that y/n is here."

"Maybe y/n just wanted to check on his/her teacher considering that there is a crazy man trying to frame her."

"Who might that crazy man be?"

"Kai, is there any other reason you came over here besides to harass me?"

"I'm not harassing you. I am simply having a friendly talk with my coworker."

"The same coworker you tried to make lose her job?"

"I wouldn't do such a thing. Someone put up those horrendous posters, and I simply gave a name to the dean."

"Why would I ever ruin my own image like that, Kai?"

"I don't know, Jennie. You might have just wanted to frame me for it."

"I'm not a low as you. I wouldn't ruin someone's career over a hurt ego."

"I don't have a hurt ego."

"You have always been egotistical."

"I am not self-centered."

"The only thing that concerns you is you, Kai. Me breaking up with you embarrassed you. You only want to get at me because you think I hurt your so-called 'perfect' image."

"..."

"I must be hitting a nerve because you've become mute all of a sudden."

"You know nothing about me!"

"I know everything about you. That's what happens in a relationship where one party isn't ever allowed to speak. That party can only listen, so guess what, Kai. I know everything."

"You k-"

"How would the board feel if I came to them with a few accusations about how you treat people."

"I-"

"That's right, Kai. I have a few stories myself. Is this the humiliation you were talking about earlier? Are you humiliated because I know things about you that you would hate for anyone else to find out about?"

"You tell anyone anything and I will drag you down with me. You can threaten me all you want, but just know that I can make up a few lies myself."

"The problem with that is that my stories are the truth. Mine can be proven to be true."

"You keep your mouth shut!"

"Or what?"

"You will regret ever meeting me."

"Is that a threat, Kai?"

"No, Jennie. It was a promise."

"Do you worst. I've got enough strength to fight you back now."

"You'll regret saying that. Mark my words."