5

Hay, rides, and food flooded the enormous parking lot. The Fall Hoedown was the most fun and popular festival that your high school held.

All around people of all ages could be found having the best time of their lives. It was a tradition for families and friends to come to this 2 day event to spend quality time together.

Today was the last day. It was the day that your friends all decided to go together.

"You should call Jennie and tell her to come with us. It will give you a chance to tell her."

"I don't think I want to do it tonight, Kai."

"Go for it, y/n. You'll regret it if someone else takes her heart before you have the chance to tell her that she's taken yours."

"What if she doesn't like me back though? I don't think I would like to handle rejection. Plus, I could lose her. I would rather her be my best friend forever than to lose her completely."

"You wouldn't want to live with the thought of not telling her how you felt though, would you?"

---------------------------------------------------

"Jenni look! The line for the Farris Wheel has gone down. You and y/n should get on!"

"I don't know if Je-"

"Y/n, let's go!"

Within a matter of seconds you were being dragged onto the tall ride.

"I love this ride so much!"

"Because of the view over everything?"

"That plus something else."

"What else?"

"I'll tell you once we get to the top."

Nervousness and anxiousness filled your body as the ride slowly creep in a circle. It was time to tell her.

"Je-"

"We're here! Listen."

"Listen to what? It's quiet."

"Exactly! Down there it's so loud and busy, but at the end of the night you can get on this ride. It momentarily takes you away from the hustle and bustle of the crowded festival below. It's so serene and romantic. That's why it's so amazing."

"Jennie, I love you," you blurted.

"I love you too, y/n," she said, smiling gently.

"No, Jennie. I mean as more than a friend."

"Oh..."

"I have for a while now. I didn't want to tell you because I didn't want to destroy our friendship by telling you that-"