15

"I'm really surprised that you decided to help this year," Lisa said.

Every year some of the staff, teachers, and students would gather in order to help set up for the Fall Festival.

"I am too," you said.

"Why did you? I know you usually don't like to."

"It's my last year here. I want to be a little more involved in things like this. Plus everything at the festival is free for seniors who help with set up."

"Now that sounds more like the y/n that I know and love."

"How are we doing today," Dean Kingsley asked. "It's so surprising to see you here to help this year, y/n! It's just for the free food isn't it," he joked.

"Of course not, Dean Kingsley. I really just want to be an involved student this year!"

"That's the spirit, y/n!"

Apparently your sarcasm laced words didn't resonate with him.

"Where I am going to be at this year, Dean," Lisa asked.

"Lisa, this year you will be working with one of the teachers to set up the ticket booths. I think it is Ms. Park that will be helping you this year."

"Miss who?"

"Ms. Park. I believe you have her for science, right?"

"Mhm..."

You tried best not to laugh, but a small snicker escaped.

"Y/n, you will be working on setting up the dunking tank with Ms. Kim. Have fun!"

The two of you stood bewildered. Of course, you had to be paired with the very people you didn't want to be paired with.

"That's what you get for laughing at me!"

"I tried not to!"

"Sure you did."

"Are you going to ask her today?"

"I will not be asking my science teacher to go to a festival with me. She is my teacher."

"Jennie is my teacher."

"So you're asking her to the festival?"

"Are you crazy?"

"I think I may possibly be just a little bit."

"I can't ask her."

"Why?"

"I don't want to go with her for one, and she also has a Kai."

"Stop kidding yourself, y/n. You know you want some of that special Ms. Kim loving. I know you better than anyone, and I know that you still like that woman. A Kai is easy to throw away, so he is no problem."

"Maybe I do still have a tiny bit of feelings left for her, but I don't want to be with a cheater."

"Are you really still upset with her? Why are you holding on to that? I'm not being rude. I am genuinely curious."

"Because deep down I know there is the possibility that she will do it again. I do believe that she has changed, but a part of me doesn't really want to let that go."

"I can understand you, but don't let the actions of something a naive girl did many years ago eat away at the trust you have. If it means anything, to me she seems like she has grown up and truly has eyes for only you. I haven't talked to her much, but I do watch her actions."

"What about her sidepiece?"

"She literally has zero interest in that boy. I don't know why she's keeping that dead weight."