20

"Hey."

"Hi."

Fall had quickly diminished as cool air turned into the cold, frigid winter air.

"Why'd you want to meet today?"

"It's our lesson day."

"You said that you wanted to cancel for today."

"I'm sorry. I guess I had just forgotten," she said, getting up to leave.

"What's the matter?"

"Nothing. I'm sorry for calling you."

"Wait," you said, grabbing her hand. "Let's sit down."

She slightly nodded before allowing you to guide her down to sit beside you.

"What's really going on, Jennie?"

"Him."

"Him who?"

"Kai."

"Is it about the posters?"

"..."

"Look, everyone at the school knows that what that poster said isn't true."

"Yeah...it's just that I could get fired. Kai has been favored by everyone in the administration since we've gotten here. They may just take his side on things."

"I'm sure they will take the side of the person who didn't put the posters up. They might favor him, but that doesn't mean they want any trouble at the school. They hate any bad attention that gets thrown at them."

"Even so."

"What do you mean?"

"It's nothing."

"Seriously. Tell me."

"Kai came and talked to me in my classroom the other day before my first class."

"Okay..."

"He basically told me that he would destroy me."

"Do you want me to talk to him?"

"No no. I want you to stay as far away from him as possible, y/n."

"But he's threatening you."

"Yes, but he will get to you if you try to get in his way. The worst he can do is take you away from me, and that can't happen."

"Oh, but I can do a lot worse than that, Jennie Kim."

Kai now stood in front of the two of you with a wide, evil smile planted on his face.

"What?"

"You heard me, y/n. I can take a lot more than just you away from her."

"I would like to see you try."

"Good."

"Why are you being like a whiny baby, Kai?"

"She ruined everything for me, so I have to get my revenge."

"You don't have to do anything. You could just walk away while you have a chance to."

"What does that mean?"

"Whatever you are planning will all blow up in your face."

"Y/n, I have one goal. That is to take away everything that makes her happy. I don't care what happens to me as long as I can carry out that goal."

"That's very adult of you, Kai."

"Thank you, y/n."

"Would you mind leaving now?"

"Or what? Will I break up your little date?"

"Y-"

"Did you two know that student-teacher relationships are grounds for student expulsion? Not to mention Jennie could lose her job."

"We are not in a relationship."

"Seems like you two are. You two looked pretty comfy at the festival together. Not to mention the meet ups you have on Saturdays."

"A student accompanying a teacher to a school funded event doesn't always indicate a relationship. Jennie is new, and I wanted to show her around. Especially since her boyfriend at the time was too busy splashing around in a pool to take her to the festival. Oh, and she's my tutor. Tutors and students meet up after or before classes. I'm a busy college student, so Saturdays are one of my only free days. Not that  I really have to explain any of this to you."

"Oh, so this also explains the before class sessions, and the lingering after class?"

"What else would I be seeing her at those periods of time for? Tutors and students do have early sessions and after school sessions."

"I see you've got your story all together then, y/n."

"It's the truth."

"We'll see how much the schoolboard believes it."

"I think we've had enough of you today. It's about time you leave before I make you leave."

"Fine. I surrender. Just know that I am not done here," he said, walking off.

"Don't worry about him, Jennie."

"I'll try my best, but it's hard not to. I love this school, and I would hate to have to leave."

"That won't happen. They can't possibly favor him."

"I love you, y/n."

"I love you too, Jennie."