6

"You wanted to speak with me?"

You slowly and cautiously approached the front of the classroom with your eyes glued to the floor.

'What could she possibly want to talk about?'

"I...um...yes."

"What about, Ms. Kim?"

It was weird speaking to her so formally. After all of the intimate times you two shared, it just seemed wrong.

"I wanted to talk to you about class."

"Okay," you said with a questioning tone. "What in particular about class?"

"I notice that your writing needs a little fine tuning. It seems kind of dry."

"What do you mean by dry?"

"It dosen't seem like it's coming from you. It's like someone else is writing your paper. Someone that doesn't have your emotion."

"I'm confused, Ms. Kim."

"This writing style doesn't seem like you. Your writing style is more creative and full than this writing style is. The papers you've been writing just seem like you've just slapped words on a paper without putting any feeling behind what you are writing."

"With all due respect, you don't know me. You don't know what my style is."

"I know you, y/n. I haven't forgotten you."

"You don't know me. You knew me. I am a different person from what I was all those years ago."

Silence

"Y/n..."

"What, Jennie?"

"I'm sorry. I never meant to hurt you."

She rounded her desk, gently placing her hand in yours. Tears welled up in her eyes.

"If you never meant to you wouldn't have done what you did," you said, slowly pulling your hand away from the gentle embrace of her own. "Now, what did you really want to talk about, Ms. Kim. You said you wanted to talk about class and my papers."

"Right," she whispered, wiping a stray tear ways. "I suggest that you get someone to tutor you. Someone that can show you how to unlock the inner writer in you. Someone to get your imagination kickstarted. Maybe a parent or friend could help."

"My parents are away on a business trip for a few months, and I have no friends who would want to teach me anything."

"What about Ms. Manoban?"

"She's good, but she has a hard time with helping other people in terms of tutoring."

"No one can help you?"

"I believe that I can help myself. I'll figure it out."

"Would you be opposed to the idea of an english teacher helping you?"

"I don't mind."

"What days would you be able to meet?"

"Saturdays are the best days for me. What teacher would be available?"

"I am available on Saturdays."

"No. I can't do that."

"Y/n, you need help, and I am offering it to you. For that one day out of the week, could we just forget about the past? I want to help you succeed in my class. At least let me do that."

"Jennie, I want you to think about everything that happened. If you were in my shoes, would you say yes to me right now?"

"Yes, because I would want to get all the help I could get in my classes."

"No, you would say no. You would say no because of all the heartbreak you went through because of two stupid decisions I would have decided to make."

"Y/n, I don't want to see you fail because of something stupid I did years ago. Please let me make it up to you."

"Tomorrow at 10 in the courtyard."

"I'll be there at 10 sharp. Thank y-"

"This is nothing more than a tutoring session, Ms. Kim. No more and no less. What materials do I need to have?"

"Just a pencil and a notebook."

"I'll see you then. Have a good rest of your day," you said, quickly exiting the classroom.

On the way to the parking lot, your head and heart raced. Your head filling with questions, and heart filled with an emotion that hadn't been felt in so many years.

"What'd she want," Lisa said as you entered her car.

"She wants to tutor me."

"Why?"

"She says that my papers need to include more imagination."

"Why does she want to tutor you though? There are plenty of other kids on campus who would do it."

"She says that she wants to make it up to me."

"You know, you don't have to do this tutor thing."

"I kind of feel like I have to. For clarity and a close to my and Jennie's love chapter."

"As long as you're okay with it, I am. Now, let's go to the store and buy every junk food they have available so we can get our movie night started."

"Sounds like a plan to me, Manoban."