3

"Have you heard about the new professor?"

"No. What's her name?"

"Ms. Kim. Apparently she's not much older than us. She's maybe a year or two older."

"Ms. Manoban, is my teaching getting in the way of your conversation?"

"No, ma'am. Sorry, Ms. Park."

"So, can I go back to teaching without interruptions?"

"Yes, Ms. Park."

"Yes, Ms. Park," you mocked.

"Oh shut up, y/n."

"Yeah yeah. so, tell me more about this new professor."

"Well, I haven't heard a lot. Some people have told me that she is very captivating though."

"Captivating?"

"It's like those people who can capture all of your attention with something as simple as a glance."

"She's got nothing on me."

"I don't know, y/n. They say that her eyes are unbeatable."

"What's so special about her eyes?"

"They're enchanting. Some tell me they're cat-like."

Flashback

"They're like a cat's eyes."

"No, they aren't!"

"They are! It's not like it's a bad thing. They kind of draw you in and take hold of you."

"What?"

"It's like that feeling you get when you look up at a night sky that has a full moon with hundreds of stars surrounding it. It is a feeling of wholeness and warmth. I never want to stop gazing into your eyes."

"I love you, y/n."

"I love you too."

"Forever and always?"

"Forever and always."

End Flashback

"Y/n!"

"Yeah?"

"Come on before we're late for English."

After slinging your book bag over your shoulder, you made your way down the packed hallways of the university.

"You ready to go in?"

"Come on, Lisa. You act like something terrible is going to happen," you said, entering the classroom. "Look there are still seats in the back!"

While dragging Lisa through the isles, you hadn't noticed the strong stare coming from the person standing at the front of the classroom.

"Good morning, class."

That voice was so familiar.

The Resonance

The Tone

It was firm, yet delicate.

"I will be your professor this year. My name is Ms. Kim."

"Holy sh-..."