𝗦𝗜𝗫𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡

The real Rina Watsons is nowhere in front of me. The identity I stole on my last mission with Chrollo involving the death of Mr. Kim. Since I used her name, she was the one who paid for my crime and she got jailed for almost three months with so much evidence on the scene. Actually, Chrollo once explained it to me, and to be honest, I just found it funny. I never thought she'll hold that grudge until now!

"Can we just...skip the chit-chat and proceed to the action stuff?"

I said, totally painting my tone with boredom. On the other hand, Rina is now fuming with anger and any second, she'll explode! Upgrading my summoned gun with more power and impact with the bullets using my Nen, she surprisingly obeyed my request and now lounged towards me. I was really expecting to get hit by her weapon but at some point, someone pushed out of Rina's way, making me fall on all fours.

"Chrollo, what the hell?!"

"Let me handle this one, Y/N."

He said in a baritone voice as he received Rina's attacks. On the other hand, Chrollo attacked, leaving his opponent panting.

I got up on my feet before running to my supposedly opponent, only if Chrollo didn't interfere, as I easily landed an attack on her shoulder but she immediately swung her sword in my direction. She's in a very tight situation, facing two dangerous people on one. I give Chrollo a disgusted look. How can he ditch his own job just to help me?! Is he pitying me? Is he worried that I might lose?!

"I told you to stand back—"

"Stop ordering me around, Chrollo! I'm not asking for your help here."

We three kept exchanging blows until I finally caught Rina off guard. She has nowhere to go as I aimed the mouth of my gun on her head and Chrollo's ready to fire an attack on her the moment she moves an inch on her position. I threatened her first but she's too noisy to even hear my voice.

God, I need to shut her up! She's so annoying!

On the different side of the story, I know Chrollo became a great help, but curse him! I was hoping for Machi or Shalnark to come but not him. It's not because he's not powerful, it's just that I'm not feeling comfortable when he's around. I don't want...I just don't want him to be around! I felt uneasy because, after a year, I'm doing a job with him but not for ourselves only, this is for the group now.

Rina kept on protesting as I put handcuffs on her hands but I knocked her out for the meantime as Chrollo dragged her on his shoulder. We went outside the auction hall and all we can see is an ocean of blood with a pile of dead bodies lying on the floor.

I smiled at the sight, so it means we're about to succeed on our mission.

Using my phone, I called Phinks.

"How're the items?"

"Got them all."

"Good." I looked at Chrollo as I saw him looking at me too so the first option is to avert my gaze at him, my cheeks blushing.

"Let's meet at the van then, okay?"

"Roger."

Securing my phone in my pocket, I wiped the blood from my shoulder. It was a matter of time before I noticed I got shot on my shoulder so I immediately applied pressure on it to stop the bleeding.

"Let me see."

"What? No."

"Don't make me repeat it."

Chrollo carefully put Rina down as he focused his attention on me. He grabbed my handkerchief and my shoulder, doing first aid. He looked so worried and mad at the same time, but why? Because I got hurt? Why is he so unpredictable?! Why is he like this?!

The first thing that came to my mind is to protest and push him away but I felt his deadly aura around him and his superiority so the option left to me is to shut up. He was muttering something under his breath and I took the opportunity to stare at his wonderful face again. He got light scratches on his cheek but all in all, he's still fair. Chrollo looked up for a mere second, catching me staring at him intently so I looked away with a crimson blush on my cheeks and my heart, beating so fast.

Jeez, that's awkward.

He tore a part from his tuxedo before wrapping it on my shoulder. He also took that off, putting it around me. It felt warm. It smells like him. It's calming my nerves down.

Wait, what?!

"Good thing I came."

"I'm not asking for your help in the first place, Chrollo."

He looked me directly in the eyes. It feels like he wants to say something. In my judgment, he wants to speak up his heart. There are so many emotions inside him and I can see it through his eyes. He's nervous, he looks like he's in pain. It feels like he needs someone to comfort him like I used to do. Someone needs to love him again.

We are staring at each other for good two minutes before he shook his head. He didn't say anything but I want to hear those words.

"Chrollo—"

"Let's go. They're probably waiting in the van."

I silently nodded as I noticed he looked so gloomy while following him outside the hall with our capture on his shoulder.

It was raining very hard.

But deep down I can feel that it's raining harder on Chrollo's heart.