𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧

"Goodmorning, Y/N."

The sunshine greeted my eyes before I adjust to the light. The next thing I knew was Illumi's beside me, poking my cheek. I blinked a few times before yawning and taking a look around. My mind's a little bit hazy, probably I slept too late.

"G-Goodmorning. What time is it?"

"Eight. Breakfast's ready."

I hummed as a response before stretching, realizing I didn't get enough sleep last night. I've been tossing and turning in his bed, leaving me no choice but to sleep at three. My instinct told me to fix his bed that I used and pamper myself inside his bathroom.

When I got out, I'm surprised Illumi's waiting for me on his couch, playing with his needles.

"Have you gotten enough sleep?"

"Yup," I lied. "Your bed is so surprisingly comforting. Is your back okay? Sleeping on a couch is trouble for you, I bet."

He shook his head, opening the door of his room. "Not so. I'm used to it anyways."

"Hmm, okay but if there's next time, I want you to sleep on your bed, the couch's fine with me anyways."

"Sure thing but where did you go last night though? I heard the door opened and closed at around...11?"

Well, I guess there's no more hiding. "I went to the garden. I guess I needed a little bit of fresh air before sleeping. It helped me too, the weather's fair, and the breeze is cold."

"You should've told me so I accompanied you."

"Don't worry, I handled myself enough and I don't want to wake you up." I smiled at Illumi's concern. He really changed a lot.

"You even patted my head."

I stifled a chuckle. "Yeah, yeah. You're so cute when you sleep."

Illumi blushed but still, his face remained emotionless. We reached the dining table and everyone's already there. The kids, Alluka and Killua greeted me with a hug and gave back the energy they're radiating. Alluka forced me to sit beside her and braid her hair after the meal so I gave in to the requests.