Chapter 19: A Failed Attempt

So another chapter , before it I will just say this again, plzzzz give me some feedback and be a patient reader...something interesting is on the way ;)

______________________________________________________________________

CHAPTER 19

A grasp escaped my lips and my eyes were budging out of their sockets. Holy Shit! Drake and Derrick were brothers!? I never saw that one coming. But this was not possible, they were far from being brothers, there was not a single similarity there. Daniel and Dale were fraternal twins but there were a few similarities in their features and they seemed brothers but these two_?  

‘I don’t want to talk about this Julie, my answer was still no. What Drake did to me, to my family is unbearable. I will never ever forget that.’ 

I heard footsteps and immediately leapt out of the kitchen and grabbed the pen and a small pad on which I usually took orders. I heard the kitchen door open and Derrick emerged and he looked so wrecked asif he had been crying. His eyes were sore and there were dark circles around his eyes. I felt so sorry for him. What did Drake did with his family? 

‘You are already here?’ He saw me and I pretended I was unaware of his presence. 

‘Derrick! Where were you? You were absent for a week I was worried sick.’ I guessed my acting skills were getting very good.  

‘I just well _ I had some personal stuff.’ He muttered and just stood there as if he wanted to say something. 

‘Derrick did something happened?’ I asked and placed a hand on his shoulder. I thought he would remove it but he didn’t. He shook his head. 

‘Why do you care Anderson?’ 

‘Why do you call me Anderson?’ I asked scowling. He smirked at me, now the real derrick was back. 

‘Well I used to have a friend who was clumsy like you. His name was Anderson. After I graduated he left the country, so you remind me of him.’ 

‘What? You are graduated!’ He shrugged casually and nodded. I realized that I never tried to get to know him better. I wanted to learn more about Derrick.  

‘Derrick.’ 

‘Yeah?’ 

‘Let’s go out for the walk.’ I said enthusiastically. He started at me for a while. 

‘You are kidding right?’ 

‘No I am not.’ 

‘No way am I going out with a runt like you. I have a reputation to keep.’ He was making joke of me. Was I too ugly? After a while he busted out laughing. 

‘Jeez I was just joking Anderson, between the look on your face was priceless.’ I scowled again. It was not funny actually and with that an old conversation crept into my mind. 

‘Am I too ugly to be stared at?’ 

‘But that’s exactly how I see you Caterpillar.’  

I smiled for a while and then shook my head. Why the hell was I thinking about Dale?  

‘Are you going or not?’ I asked him irritated by his humor. One moment he was sulking and the next he was making fun of me. But that’s exactly what you expect from a bipolar person like Derrick.  

‘Okay, but let me ask Julie first.’ 

‘Okay.’ I said and watched him go back inside. I supposed Julie will be able to handle this much people, they were very less than usual so yeah.