Chapter 9 : More than Enemies

I dragged myself away from my locker and yawned like a fool. Dale had really broken my window last night. I was actually slept when the final remaining of my glass shattered – no it was murdered by an inconsiderate devil of a neighbor.

‘’So this guy is tough uh?’’ That was Carmen view when I told her about Derrick. Tough wasn’t even a good word to describe that prick.

‘’Yeah he is just another one.’’ I muttered to myself. It was true thing, given that I was surrounded by all the weird people in the world. Another one in the package didn’t make a big difference.  

‘’So I asked his name.’’

‘’How can you ask his name when you haven’t met him?’’ I gave her a confused look. Carmen raised her brows at me,

‘’I met him and I told you about it.’’

‘’Wait, who are you talking about?’’ She sighed scooted a bit closer and dropped her voice to whisper.

‘’Remember that guy that I met at mall?’’ Oh that one, I thought she was talking about Derrick.

‘’His name is Concaid.’’ I got irritated by the whispering, pushing her away a bit I threw her an annoyed look.

‘’Why are you whispering?’’

‘’I don’t want Daniel to know, I thought I told you that too. What is happening to your memory? You are forgetting every single thing I told you.’’ That’s because I am whacked out by all the sleeplessness.

‘’I told Daniel.’’ She gasped and started shaking me violently. I tried pushing her again but my strength was a bit low at time. What was a big deal? Daniel didn’t even react much.

‘’How can you do that? I specifically asked you not to tell him. You really have a short term memory loss. I can’t believe you told him.’’

‘’Stop it, he didn’t say anything!’’

‘’Oh that’s a relief.’’

‘’So how was that date?’’ Her eyes glistened and she beamed at me. Talk about mood swings…

‘’Oh he was such a darling! He is so awesome, we went to the movies and he held my hand and it was so romantic!’’ No it was not romantic. If you love a person things never are too easy that you get on touching stages on the second meeting and first date. But I wasn’t planning on telling this to the love bird standing next to me because she was on cloud nine right now.

‘’Yeah so what is his name?’’

‘’I just told you Ally.’’

‘’No, you whispered me and my low ranged ears were unable to catch that.’’ I told her rolling my eyes.

‘’His name is Concaid.’’ Eh? What sort of name was that? This guy sounded weirder and weirder every day. Thank God my mom chose a good name for me, what could have happened if my name was something like Beatrice or Ella Dora?

‘’So when am I meeting him?’’

‘’He is in our year and I have two classes with him too perhaps you know him.’’ Thank god I didn’t because I already knew enough loonies.

‘’Uh okay’’ I said trying to sound excited but it came out lame.

‘’So did you found out Daniel’s problem?’’ I almost told her that Daniel had his eyes set on some girl but I remember him telling me not to tell anyone.

Carmen didn’t want Daniel to know about this weird-name guy and he didn’t want her to know about his love life. I smell something fishy here.

‘’No but don’t worry he doesn’t have emphysema.’’ I replied and she scowled at me.