Chapter 31: A Friend's Words

My head was pounding and it felt as if someone had hit it with a bat. I opened my eyes slowly and realized I was in my room. As much as I remember I was pacing when suddenly I fell down and lost it.

I tried to get up but a strong pair of arms pushed me down. Dale was there with a glass of water in his hand. I looked at him with confusion.

''What happened?'' I asked and realized my voice was weak.

''You were hyperventilating.'' Eh? Hyperventilating? me?

''Uh oh.'' I said and slumped back looking at the ceiling.

''Allyson why are you not eating properly?''

''None of your business.''

''I know you are stressed''

''None of your business.'' I answered without looking at him. Couldn't he see that I did not wanted him here.

''You really are a stubborn one.'' He said and left me alone. Finally. Though a part of my wished that despite my resistance he should have stayed.

I rubbed my temples in dismay. I was in such a deep shit. What should I do now. I checked my phone absentmindedly when I saw a voice mail from Dylan. My heart skipped  a beat and without thinking a bit I opened it.

''Ally its me Dylan, you probably would never listen it but please I really am sorry. I wish that someday you would accept my apology and maybe this is the last time.
I am leaving California. My father's job shifted to New York so we had been  packing for days. I will leave today at evening. I wish I could have met you for the last time but perhaps I didn't deserve it. I really was a shitty friend. I have realized my mistake but it's too late. All I wanted is that you to remember me not as a person who hurt you but as your friend.
The last thing I wanted to  say is I never really wanted to hurt you, never ever.
Bye Ally, take care.''

I gasped in shock. He was leaving now, today. I gulped and realized that I really wanted to see him. But after what he did. I had to think fast.

After a few minutes I realized that this was now or never.

I checked the time on my phone; I still had forty five minutes till evening. I got up from my bed and without even looking a mirror  sprinted into a run.

''Out of the way!'' I yelled to Dale who was carrying a bundle of clothes. In my way iI knocked him down .

''W-wha_'' I didn't stop to listen him but kept running.

I was panting halfway when my legs gave up but I continued. His house was not that near from mine. I thought again that what the hell was I doing?

Despite what Dylan did, I could not  repeat the same mistake. I had to see him or I will regret it later. I really did not wanted any more regrets. I knew what he did was selfish but except that there was still a relation between us.

No matter how hard I had tried I could not forget the times we had spent together. I could not let go of all those moments because they were part of me, they were part of my life. I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes. Wiping them I ran faster with more determination.

I took the turn but once again I stumbled and to my horror was about to hit the road when someone caught me.

''Ally!'' Daniel was there and he steadied me . He could  not had have  a better timing. Putting all the emotions aside I asked him ''Do you have your car?''

''Yeah why?''

''Can you give me a ride.' I must have ran a lot of distance  since my breath were short and steady.

''Sure but where?'' Daniel looked shocked that I requested him that after all that happened  between us.

''Dylan's house.''

''Hop in.'' He said and I got in the car.

******

The ride was silent but every minute was difficult for me. I wanted to reach there as soon as possible. Daniel didn't asked me anything but i knew he could sense my nerves. Finally we reached Dylan's house and there were was a truck with boxes leaving.

''Thanks!'' I said and was out of the car I ran inside the house and saw Mrs Cooper.

''Ah it's Allyson.''

''Hi Mrs Cooper.'' I waved ta her.

''We were about to leave in twenty minutes or so. Dylan is up in his room.'' I nodded frantically and sprinted upstairs. I took a deep breath and knocked the door.

When Dylan opened it his face was filled with utter disbelief.

''Can we talk.'' My own voice sounded hoarse to me. As if I was about to cry.

''S-su-re c-come in.'' He said and gave me space to enter. The room was nothing but walls and windows. No curtains even.

''We can sit on the floor.'' He said after a few moments of uncomfortable silence. I sat down beside him and faced him.

''Why did you do it Dylan?'' I asked in a weak voice.

''I am sorry Ally. I was wrong and you were right. It was just a stupid crush nothing else. '' He answered and then I started crying again. Why was I getting so emotional now a days.

''You were hurt because of me; I couldn't bring my self to face you.'' He admitted and wiped my tears and I let him do that.

''Ally I am sorry that my friendship failed. I never proved my self a worthy friend. I am so guilty. I don't want to leave this place like this. I know its hard but forgive me at last I _''

I hugged him hard and he hugged back. At that moment I felt as if a heavy weight was lifted off my shoulders. We just kept hugging each other for a while.

''I am sorry too Dylan, I should have forgiven you. Its me and my big ego.'' I gave a throaty chuckle and he smiled.

''Why are you leaving now Dylan. I wish we could have spend more time together.''

''I know but I guess this is life; it goes on.''

''Yeah you are right.'' I said.

''So we are friends again?''

''Yeah we were always friends.'' I smiled but he looked at me with a weird expression.

''What?''

''You need to let it go.''

''Let go what?'' I asked in confusion.

''Ally I know  you are blocking everyone out. I know your group have  broken. Daniel told me everything.''

''I dont want to talk about it.'' I said looking away.

''Listen to me carefully Ally. It will not help. I know you well and I know your heart is not satisfied.'' I looked back at him in shock and listened him clearly.

''You need to solve everything not run from it. If you run you will regret it. Go and talk with those people, maybe they have their own reasons. Have trust in your self.''

''Dylan its' not easy for me, my friends..''

''You miss Carmen and Daniel don't you? You even miss that Dale Cattermole. You will loose your friends if you dont set things in time. Go for it. Your eight years friendship...you could not let them go down the drain because of what happened. I know Daniel did a mistake but he is sorry and I believe that Carmen is regretting it too.''

''And him...Dale I have seen the way he looks at you. That guy hopelessly loves you.'' My eyes were wide at his comment.

''No he doesn't love me, he only made fun of me, accused me and he has a girlfriend.''

''I don't know anything but that day in cafe when he called you l_  I mean when he teased you I could tell he did it after being jealous. Maybe there were reasons for everything.''

''I am so confused Dylan. I dont know what to do anymore.''

''Do what your hearts says. Go and clear up everything. Consider it a friend's words.'' He smiled at me and got up. I got up too and hugged him gain.

''Dylan! We are leaving!'' Mrs. Cooper's voice rang.

''I guess it's parting time.'' He smiled sadly and I return it. His dimples came again and this time I touched them without permission.

''Promise you will stay in contact.'' I said.

''I will.'' He answered and we both hugged again. I guess this really was good bye.

But with departing Dylan had given me hope of being out of this tangled mess. A light, a path of radiance and an escape from all this. I was going to do what he said.

Clear up my mess, Not run from it.
___________________________________________________________________

Dylan never got enough part in this story but He is my least fav character so yeah, anyways sorry for short chap, VOTE N COMMENT