Chapter 17 (Part 2) : Mad world

Chapter 17 (part 2)

Carmen wasn’t looking too pleased during lunch the next day. In fact a massive scowl occupied her face and she was sticking her fork too hard on her chicken chilly salad, the poor meal was undergoing a severe torture.

‘’You can spill out what happened instead of assaulting your food.’’ Who was I kidding here? My own tray didn’t look too great, given how upset I was. I needed to share my own worries with someone, but they were too weird to be told to Carmen, and there weren’t exactly any humble people in my life.

‘’I’m just a split second away from pulling out my hair.’’

‘’Don’t do that dear,’’ I said holding up one of my hand, ‘’you’ll end up bald.’’

‘’It’s Concaid,’’ she whispered with a frustrated and troubled look on her face. Uh oh, Daniel was gonna love this, but I was thankful he wasn’t present.

‘’Okay, you guys had a fight.’’

‘’It wasn’t just a fight! He is going all over me skipping our plans. I mean who does that? He might have hit his head or something, don’t I have a right to spend time with my friends?’’ She told me, his voice going higher by every second. I have known Carmen for a very long time, she was a short tempered one, and she got mad on small things with that hyper personality of hers. As much as Daniel hated Conciad, he seemed a decent guy to me.

Decent, but weird…

‘’He couldn’t have possibly fought on that? It’s kinda stupid.’’

‘’Exactly, it’s going on for a few days now. He thinks I am involved with,’’ she suddenly lowered her voice and leaned closer, looking out for prying eyes, ‘’Daniel.’’

‘’But you aren’t, Daniel is um dating me.’’ I replied awkwardly.

‘’The other day, Daniel needed help catching up on his classes, we were working in the library – well mostly goofing around, Conciad saw us and assumed something else.’’ Again, one incident couldn’t have caused it, something else must have happened.

‘’Alright, go on…’’ I asked her, my eyes were slightly narrowed as I heard her babble on.

‘’Daniel and I went to eat ice cream two days ago, he said he wanted to spend time with both of us. We even called you when we were there but you never showed up.’’ Now that was confusing. Daniel hadn’t called me to join them in any ice cream parlor at all.

‘’We were the only ones there and we were just having our normal conversation, Conciad saw us there too. Then he started bringing it up. It was totally a coincidence.’’

I thought otherwise. This was not a co incidence. Daniel had been doing things behind my back; he was using dirty tricks to manipulate Carmen so Concaid would break up with her. That boy had lost his mind.

If he had taken Carmen out because he really wanted to catch up, things would have been fine to me. I would’ve been happy in fact, for him acting like a normal human. But lying about inviting me (when I didn’t got any call). Secondly, Daniel never really cared about school, why all of the sudden he asked Carmen? He had two classes with me as well, why didn’t he ask me.

I had to talk to him, before he does something more disturbing.

‘’So, you should talk to him about it, be straight forward.’’ I advised,

‘’I will, let me clam down a bit, and what if he don’t understand?’’

‘’You won’t know, until you try. If things don’t work out, you obviously know what happen. But I suggest you that don’t rush things into break up. Give it a little time.’’