32

"Hey, you look really tired."

"I am tired." I said as I sipped my coffee.

I looked up as Duncan joined the table I was sitting at in the kitchen, a coffee in his own hands. He looked far more awake than I was, but then I guess he wasn't up till four a.m. dodging calls from his parents about where they were.

I had barely had enough sleep when the phone alarm went off and I had to come in. There was no time for meet enjoy, I was so behind on deadlines that I needed to get things done.

I took another sip, wondering if I was going to fall asleep mid sip. I could feel my eyes, they were as heavy as a garage shutter, threatening to drop.

I realised that Duncan was saying something but I couldn't be bothered listening to him, so instead I focused on letting my eyes not droop and fall shut.

It was only eight and I had at least twelve hours of work I had to get through. 

"What was that?" I asked.

"Oh, I was just asking if you had a nice break. You went on personal leave? I hope everything is okay?"

"Oh yeah it was fine." I said as I looked at the time, "We have a meeting with Lionel soon. I better get ready."

I excused myself out of the kitchen and headed into the office, collecting my things. We had to go out to visit Lionel at the venue that we were designing. 

Duncan joined myself as Joe had an emergency situation on a client and someone had to drive me since they still hadn't found my car. I almost was about to give up with the situation with police they seemed hopeless.

It was probably 'just too hard' to find anything. The CCTV videos were all 'too dark' to see the face or what had happened.

The only annoying thing about Duncan was that he talked way too much, he was a nice guy and good at his job. He would have been a nicer guy if he just shut up every once in a while.

Especially now when I had a raging headache and I was trying to relax but instead I was trying to ignore Duncan telling me about all the things he had gotten up to in my absence.

Including work tasks that no one asked him to do.

Wow...you refilled the paper in the printer, thank you so much but I sort of expect those who use the last of the paper to refill it. 

"Great." I said as he said how he fixed the leak in the coffee machine.

Gosh...shut up please.

After what felt like ten hours, we had finally reached our destination and I was more than happy to jump out of the car and rush up the stairs to the mansion.

I pulled up the file on my phone, ticking of what was done and what was left as I walked through the massive house. I wondered why someone would want to live in such a big house. I thought our house was big, but this was easily five times the size of that.

All I could think about was all the dust and cleaning that someone had to do, or the very expensive cleaning bill every month.

It was just a waste of money.

"Aedan ! What a pleasure."

I looked up as Lionel himself walked down the very extravagant stairs. Lionel wanted everything in this house to be glamorous and jaw dropping, whatever he demanded, I did.

So when he wanted a bright red carpet up the stairs, I found something with a custom design in a red that was a shade darker. So now you were walking up a velvet read carpet with the print of a lion's face.