47

Man some of you guys and your comments kill me, it's like talking to a wall sometimes *rolls eyes* anyway....

My head was killing me.

I rolled around, trying to find a cooler spot to wriggle to, but the bright sun was blinding me through my closed eyelids and making me uncomfortably hot, sweaty and disgusting.

After ten minutes of trying to go back to sleep, I gave up, it was too hot to sleep. How on earth was Sterling sleeping through the trauma of forgetting to close the curtains last night? I turned around onto my other side , facing away from the window.

Every breathe felt like someone was punching me behind my right eyelid, maybe it was a sign to wake up. Or perhaps I had too much to drink last night and I was definitely too old for getting away with it. 

My stomach was swirling, maybe it was the alcohol. I waited till I felt like my eyes were finally okay from the glaring sun and opened them, only to see that the room was so bright, I had to shut them again a few times till my eyes adjusted. 

How on earth was it this hot already in the morning? I looked around confused at the empty bed, was Sterling already up?

I tried listening out to any noises, yet it was just silence, maybe he was downstairs?

But finding him could wait, cause I needed a shower, immediately. I plugged in my dead phone to charge and rushed down the corridor into my bathroom.

There was nothing better than standing under a hot shower, letting the water drops fall down your body. It was like a relaxing massage sometimes, I rolled my shoulders, stretching my back trying to get all the tight muscles loosen in the shower. I could hear parts of me crack that shouldn't crack, not at my age anyway. 

I really needed to start taking those supplements more regularly before I was no longer able to walk without my knee cracking in and out. It was one of those days, where I knew I was in the shower for too long, but I couldn't get out.

The water was so warm, like a hug, that I wanted to stay in here. It didn't matter that my skin was all wrinkled up, or that it was getting hard to breathe since the steam was clogging up the entire bathroom from the hot water, it was like I could fall asleep in here, letting the water hug me.

But, I had to get out. The throbbing in my head reminded me of that, I needed water and Panadol ASAP, before I felt even more nauseated. 

With a lot of reluctance I turned the shower off, hopping out and going straight for the towel wrapping it around my body as I washed my face and brushed my teeth. I despised getting into clothes while I was still wet, a ritual of mine was to stand around after I dried myself in my robe and wait till my body temperature finally dropped, before I finished getting dressed.

Stepping outside the bathroom was like a weather shock, it was cold outside, even for a sunny day.

I walked back to our bedroom, grabbing my phone and turning it on. It wasn't fully charged, but it would have to do. I started walking downstairs when it finally turned on and I stopped walking.

Standing on the stairs I looked at my home screen, the amount of texts and calls were hiding the background of my phone.

Who died?

I skipped past all the missed calls from my parents, they could wait, no doubt wondering where on earth we had disappeared to, if we had snuck out of another party, the normal yelling at me.

What struck me as off, was that there was a missed call from my receptionist at work, she never really calls me.  

It wasn't just one missed call, it was three. Did something happened? I pressed the dial button as I walked into the kitchen, turning on the coffee machine.

I placed the phone on speaker on the counter top as I hunted around for the capsule jar, why on earth does Sterling always have to move the damn jar!

The phone kept ringing in the background, yet she didn't pick up and it ended up going to voicemail.

I pressed cancel, and tried again. Surely she would pick up, it was only two minutes ago that she called me when I was getting ready. Did she loose the phone in two minutes?

I hung up, she can wait then.

I finally found the coffee jar, why on earth was it here? The man had to stop moving my jar when he barely used these capsules anyway. I chucked one into the machine and pressed start, turning to look at who also called me.

There were a bunch of texts from mum asking me to call her back immediately. I scoffed, why couldn't she just text me what she wants, then I'll decide whether or not I need to call her back immediately. 

Stupid.

Yet, there wasn't a single text or call from Sterling. So where on earth was he?

I grabbed the cup of coffee making my way to the couch when it finally rang.

"About time, you know I called you twice?"

"Sorry I was away from the desk! Um-,"

"Fine," I sighed blowing on the top of the coffee to cool it down "What's so urgent that you're calling me on a day off?"

"Um two things, one ,the alarm at work was going off so I drove in this morning...someone's taken your room key from the desk and two...have you seen the newspaper this morning?"

I took a sip, regretting it when I burned my tongue. Damn, why was the coffee so hot today?

"Oh that's me, I left the key there on purpose in case someone wanted it...but not sure why the alarm is going off...are you at work now?"

"Yeah it's fine doesn't look like anything's missing, so the newspaper?"

"What about it? I'll go get it now." I placed my coffee on the table and walked outside, from here I could see the post-box and nothing was in there. "There's nothing, I didn't get anything."

"Oh it's just that...you're in the newspaper."

"Why am I in it, I'm not even famous," I closed the door rushing back to drink my coffee. 

"I know you're not, but obviously someone else is but it's okay you're in the smallest article on a page no one reads anyway! Let's just hope your parents don't see it..."

That might explain the phone calls, "Can you send it to me, take a picture or-oh, never mind its on the table." 

I realised on the dining table which I completely walked by, was the newspaper already opened. I walked over taking a sip, nearly spitting it out when I saw the image.

"I guess you saw it."

I stared at the pictures, completely harmless, yet at the same time completely detrimental. I definitely couldn't call my parents back now.

Stupid Alora, I was going to ring her neck when I saw her. 

There it was, a picture of me and Sterling fighting on the cruise, next to big words stating a Divorce, a copy of the divorce paper signed as well as a picture of me and Dominic from last night, where were harmlessly talking but this picture didn't make it seem like that.

"That bitch!"

"So is it true?" the voice on the other side of the phone asked me, "Not that I should ask you know, I should mind my own business but..."

"No," I muttered, placing my coffee down and picking up the paper to try and read the small printed words.

"Oh thank god cause I would hate for you and Sterling to-,"

Wait a minute, if this was on the table, did it mean he saw it?

So this story will most likely be done in a little bit, thinking of changing it up and writing one of those trashy ones just for some mindless reading and writing - we keen?

Follow me on Insta and remind me to update!: nihapupsy