5

Something smelled good.

I turned around letting the warm blanket envelop me as I snuggled in closer to the smell, but it seemed like it was always a distance away no matter how much I switched positions.

But there was also something very wrong with this picture, why did it feel like the mattress was engulfing me, it was soft, too soft, almost like slipping into a marshmallow. My mattress wasn't like this, mine was firm, practical, and never smelt like a cologne bottle spilled all over it. That would be a waste of cologne and that wasn't cheap. 

My eyes flickered open only to meet white, lots and lots of white, only to realised I was tangled in the blankets somewhere in the middle of the massive bed, blinded by all the fabric. After some effort I managed to get all the material off me and I sat up frowning as I tried to remember where I was.

My blankets were never white, it was too risky to sleep on white especially when you were a female, and not to also mention how easily they got stained with pen and coffee or whatever, even if you aren't meant to eat in the bed.

Why was this bed so warm, yes comfortably warm but way too heated, it was almost like it-...I paused blinking as I took the room in and leaned over searching for the wire, of course, the bed heater was on full, what a waste of electricity. 

I turned it off as I sat up wincing, something hurt, somewhere. I blinked staring at the window the sun was up and I momentarily panicked thinking it was a work day, but then I realised it was a Saturday, yet I had a lot of things to do.

I better get st-I paused, oh shit. I hurried out of bed nearly tripping over what seemed like my shoes, I needed to find my laptop. The throbbing in my head only became more persistent as I rushed down the stairs, I had to call the cops, file a report, find my missing car and oh god the laptop.

I couldn't even begin to comprehend how much work I had on it, not to mention I had to call all the banks and every card I had in that wallet to issue them to cancel it and send me a new one.

Just thinking about it made my stomach churn and my heart pound stressfully.

"Whoa, should you be out of bed?"

I paused on the last stair looking up surprised to see Sterling home on a Saturday.

"Yeah I think you need to go back to sleep," he said munching on what seems like an apple, was he always eating something? He leaned against the staircase railing, and I noticed he was dressed in a suit, where was he going?

Wait, I don't care, as long as that wasn't a new suit purchased with my card, oh, then I cared, very much.

"I have to report-,"

"I already did it." he said shrugging nonchalantly as he took another large bite of the apple.

"Reported what?" I asked

"What you want to report."

"How do you know what I want to report."

He looked up just before he took a bite, "I'm not as stupid as you think I am," and I was about to argue back that he doesn't show it often but I realised he just actually helped me for once and I should be thankful.

But at the same time my pride was getting in the way, and there was no way I was going to apologise, thank you maybe, but not an apologise, and not with the way he was staring at me. What was with that look, those intense grey eyes were almost as suffocating as his stupid cologne filled bed. I wouldn't be surprised if he bought a bottle to just sprinkle it all over the covers.

That was very much like him.

"I have to cancel my bank cards."

"That part I didn't do." He said pointing out raising a finger, "Right, you should do that, someone might take all my money" and with a last bite of the apple he placed it on the railing, balancing it, before he walked up by me on the stairs.