1

I earned the money.

He spent it.

"Stop that?" his groggy voice groaned as he rolled around in his bed, a queen bed which was a waste of money for just one person.

I grabbed the sheets and tugged them down, making his sit up in bed. I could hear his mumbling in the background as I started to open the shutters, he was complaining that the light was hurting him. 

"How can you be such a bitch so early in the morning." he grumbled. 

A bitch? Me? Never.

Crossing my arms over my chest I turned around staring at the man in the bed wondering if there was a way to murder him and not get arrested. Perhaps I can puncture his lungs and drop him in the middle of the ocean, that way he was going to sink.

Or maybe I can make it seem like an accident.

His grey eyes narrowed as I continued to stare at him, I was used to the look he was giving me now. His cheeks were a slight pink flush, probably from having the heating on all night, again, wasting my money. 

"I hardly call one p.m the morning" I said,  narrowing my own light hazel eyes to match the steel look he was giving me. Sterling groaned his head disappearing into the pillow as he tugged the blanket back up.

I did not sign up to raise this man child.

Well....you sort of did said my conscience. 

"Where were you last night?" I asked, trying to tug the blanket off, except this time he had a strong from.

If Sterling thought he was an expert at sneaking in, he wasn't. I wouldn't call him slamming doors, knocking photo frames off the wall and breaking a case exactly 'sneaking in'.  

Suddenly he sat up, his face only inches from mine as hot breathe fanned over my face. I wrinkled my nose at the smell of alcohol, he didn't brush his teeth before bed.  

"Why do you care?" and there was that half hearted smirk I wanted to cut off with a blade.

"I don't." I replied taking a step back from his stinky breathe "Our parents came home last night and I had to make up an excuse for you." I always had to make an excuse for him. 

Sterling "tsk"ed me, as he sat up and the covers slipped down his barely dressed body, "Did the great Aedan lie? Oh dear, I guess I'm rubbing off on you."

I gave him a disgusted look, no Aedan, don't get angry, lower your blood pressure, no don't stab him with the letter opener on the desk. As tempting as the letter opener looked.

I don't lie, I told them he was out with people, which he probably was.

 "Why did you send six hundred dollars last night at Lui Bar?" I asked. 

Rubbing his eyes he sat further up, "Ahhh....So you did know where I was."

"You didn't answer my question." I stated, six hundred dollars in a bar, who did he think he was?

Unlike him ,I was at the office still working on an important project and doing some internet banking and found that over six hundred was missing from my account this morning, and I would like to say it was a shared account, but it was all my money. Not a cent from him. 

His grey eyes regarded me, going from the top to the bottom, and he knew I hated it when he looked at me that way, "The boys got carried away last night. It's no big deal, it's not like you're poor or something." he said as he stood up. His pyjama pants were low on his hips, and his torso was slightly glistening with sweat, probably from the heating that he wasn't going to paying for.