9

"What? Where?" I asked as the waiter caught his breathe. He started rushing and I broke into a mini run following him. Of course Sterling had to ruin a nearly good night out. 

No don't run so fast, mine was a scurried walk trying not to trip over my dress, my heels in my hand.

By the time I straggled outside, there was already a crowd of people and a crowd of media, there went everything this night was about. Pushing through the crowd that wasn't even trying to stop the fight I could see two figures staggering against each other.

"Isn't anyone going to do anything?" I asked, one was clearly overpowering the other and if this didn't end now, someone was going to get hurt.

When no one stepped forward to help, I did. Or tried, rushing towards the pair trying to pull them apart. Tried being the operative word since I could barely hold onto one for even more than a second since they moved so fast.

"Sterling get off him!" I snapped grabbing what I think was his arm and giving it a tug, barely making it budge, but at least my voice made them both look at me for a second, "Let Duncan go!"

"Stay out of this Aedan." he shrugged me of his arm like shrugging a fly off his finger. Effortless but it knocked the breathe out of me. God damn I needed to get fit.

"No, you stay out of this you fat baboon, stop it."  I slapped my bag against his shoulder, hoping the hard metal type clutch hurt him, but it didn't.

Why the hell wasn't anyone doing anything. I ducked under an arm trying to get between them, "Are you out of your mind?" I asked. 

"This guy is mental!" Duncan yelled.  

I know.

"Sterling I swear if you don't get off him ri-," I staggered back and stood still for a moment as I blinked, god that fucking hurt.

"You just punched me!" I screeched, something felt wet, consciously I lifted up my fingers against my throbbing nose.

"Oh my god call an ambulance." someone else screamed. 

So now the security comes, not that it was required since they both stopped the stupid brawl looking at me just like everyone else. Talk about unwanted attention, please tell me no one is recorded this.

"Shit are you okay?" Sterling asked grabbing the napkin the waiter had on his forearm shoving it on my nose.

"Ew I don't want that near me," god nose what was on that.

"Shut up, head up," Sterling's fingers lifted my chin up and the disgusting white cloth, that was clean so it can't be that bad, against my nose and I squirmed, it fucking killed. I was going to punch him.

"Aedan!" my dad yelled coming up to us, "What the hell happened here?" he said in a stern voice that turned half the people away.

"He punched me." I wailed. 

"I did not punch you, if I punched you I would have broken your nose." Sterling calmly replied. 

"Wow, thanks. It was your fist flying." I retorted. 

"Enough both of you!" Dad took my shoulders pushing me towards the stairs making me nearly trip over, "Geez be gentle or I'll break my neck."

I sat down on the stair tilting my head up more, wait, I thought this was bad to do when you got a nose bleed. 

"And you still talk like a chatter box injured." Sterling muttered rolling his eyes. 

I narrowed my eyes at Sterling, the stupid idiot, none of this would have happened if he just kept his nose out of things. "What on earth were you both doing?" I snapped, where was Duncan. Was he okay?

Please don't quit or sue me

"Let me look at your nose."

"No! Don't touch me." I swatted his hand away, I clenched my teeth, was it meant to hurt this much. It made my eyes water and sting, I couldn't breathe. Wait, no use your mouth. 

"Just let me see."

"No thanks." I said. 

"You're so stubborn."

"Thanks." What a nice compliment. 

"Stop bickering," Dad said as he walked back towards us, "I got you a taxi, go home I'll wrap it up here," I nodded getting up off my arse holding the cloth. I pulled it back and my eyes spun, "Oh my god is that all my blood?"

"No it's paint, what do you think." Sterling said sarcastically.

I narrowed my eyes at him, this was not funny, I wanted to punch the smirk off his face.

"I'll go with her." Sterling said. 

"Are you sure, what about your-," Dad was cut off. 

"It's fine."

I looked over my shoulder, "Your what?" What did have Sterling here that I didn't know about. He shoved my back, not gently, "Let's go before you paint a picture with that nose."

"Hey!"

"Who knows we could make money of it." Sterling winked. 

I scoffed, "Again I would be the one making money" I said not intending for it to come out as bitter as it did, and by the way his lips pursed a straight lip, I said something I shouldn't have.

* * * 

"Can I have another one?"

"No you cannot have another pain killer."

"But it really hurts."

"I don't care, sit down. Normal people don't even use pain killer for nose bleeds so be happy I gave you some."

I sat down on his bed, at least the bleeding stopped. The whole taxi ride home it kept flowing like Niagara falls, even I had to run out of blood at some point, but apparently I had litres of it. The cloth was soaked.

"Do I need stitches?" I asked. 

"No I think it's fine. Just don't look in a mirror." He winced. 

Why not in the mirror? My stomach dropped, oh no, how bad was it. 

He crouched in front of me, his long finger tilting my head back, "I think you'll be fine."

"Nah uh I don't think so." I shook my head as I watched his scrutinising glare. Does blood come out of clothes, because I think my dress was ruined. He leaned closer and I stilled, "Uh, what are you doing?"

He brought a cotton ball to my nose, holding the back of my head, it fucking stung.

"What is that." I shoved him away.

"Alcohol, to heal it."

"No fuck off." I tried pushing him away. 

"Language young lady. So the pain killers bring out the true Aedan." He smirked. I glared at him bringing up my finger to pat my nose, god it killed. 

"Your shirts ripped." I pointed out. How come he didn't get any blood on him?

"What?"

I laid back on his bed holding up a new tissue to my nose, I was paranoid now and stared at the light, maybe I shouldn't stare at bright lights. 

"My head hurts." but when doesn't my head hurt. 

"Sleep." Sterling said. 

The bed dipped and I turned my eyes to Sterling who was sitting on it glaring at his phone, "Why were you punching Duncan." I asked. 

"He tried to punch me first, what a pùssy."

"Sterling! Language." I could almost see his grey eyes rolling, "Why would Duncan do that. You must have said something." I half sat up leaning on my elbows. When he didn't answer him I didn't drop the subject, I pursued it being annoying and tugging at his shirt.  

"Well?" I asked.

"Just fucking sleep Aedan." I frowned.

"You know sometimes you can be a real dick."

"I know."