2

"Would you stop glaring at your phone and just eat your lunch," the voice next to me spoke.

I threw my homemade sandwich back onto the plate pushing my phone towards my business partner and best friend, "What do you mean don't be angry. I told him to great ready for a  job interview, look where he is." I pointed out. 

Nelly placed her burger on her plate wiping her hands clean before reaching for my phone and looking up at me, "You have instagram?" she asked. 

"That's not the point, look at him!" I sighed. 

Nelly's lips lifted up as small chuckle escaped from her mouth, "Don't tell me you made instagram just to stalk Sterling?"

"He's getting a massage!" I threw my tissue onto the plate, "Wasting my money getting a deep stone massage, he's meant to be at the interview right now. Oh god why does he keep on doing this to me!" It was already half past three and I was waiting for a call from the interviewer to tell me how he went. It was a very prestigious firm and I thought finally, someone who would give this stupid man a job.

"It does look relaxin-I mean, what a terrible man." Of course it was funny to her it wasn't her money he was wasting. "Why do you hate him so much. If that was my husband I would be on honeymoon number six with him, hasn't it been a year since you guys got married?" 

I tried not to say that it was because she jumped people based on looks and not their intellectual ability. 

"How can you not hate a man that has zero decency, speaks vulgar, wastes money on everything and anything and comes home drunk knocking everything down. God he disgusts me." I leaned back in the chair rubbing my temples. 

Nelly shrugged as she continued to eat her burger, "Have you tried cutting him off from the money?"

I scoffed grabbing my bottle of water, "Don't you think I have?" I had tried everything, to even begging the bank to only let me use the card but of course it was a shared account and there were two cards and unfortunately he had one of them because he was an account owner.

Why did my parents think it was smart to give us a shared account, it was my account, it should be my money. 

Last time I tried transferring all the money out, he went crying to our parents who made me put it back. My father owned a 49 per cent stake in my business and threatened to give it to Sterling if I didn't comply. 

"Maybe he went to the interview, and then went to get a massage?" Nelly said trying to defend him. I didn't want to hear anymore from her. 

"Whatever, I have a  business meeting with Joe now." I got up gathering my mess before getting ready to go meet Joe.

* * * 

By the time I got home, I was absolutely exhausted and I needed that massage Sterling was getting. My body ached and my brain hurt. It was a horrible business meeting with Joe because the first thing Joe said when I walked into the room earlier was, "I need a favour."

I wasn't opposed to helping people, but at the same time I had so much on my plate I wasn't sure if I could help him and myself and run the company. 

I closed my eyes trying to relax now that I was back home, but of course, that was short lived as the door slammed open hitting against the door stopper and then shut again. A familiar cologne wafted into my nose.  

Just breath Aedan. 

"Why are you sitting on the ground?" his voice was deep, a sign that he was drinking again. 

I opened one eye seeing Sterling leaning against my door frame, "Can I help you with something?" I asked.

What was he doing in my room?