25

"We arrive back at port at ten a.m. tomorrow morning."

"Oh great!" I said looking up from my laptop as Sterling entered the room.

"Oh great? You sound like you can't wait to get off this cruise."

"Hmm." I said as I looked at the design Joe had sent through, "It's gone quick."

"Yeah because you're indoors all the time and came out to one day trip this entire cruise."

How was he still being stuck on selecting the right shade of yellow?

"Are you listening to me?"

"Sorry, just need to...finalise something." I said not looking up as I squinted at the screen. There were fifteen unread emails in my mailbox and a bunch of pending ones that I had flagged from last time. 

I typed up the email hitting send, one down and fourteen to go.

"Can you see the colour yellow ok?" I asked after a few moments. 

Sterling, who was still standing on the other side of the room, raised an eyebrow, "What? Yes, why?"

"Just wondering if my designer is colourblind. He keeps picking disgusting shades of colour." 

Even when I had selected the colour and sent him the order number, he still got it wrong. How?

"Anyway, Sam wants to have dinner with everyone, seeing as its the last day and all."

"Can't. I'm busy."

"You've been working since ten, that was ten hours ago so I think you can spare thirty minutes for dinner."

"I'm really busy." I said. I could see pending audit review files which would take me a least an hour per statement to read, and they were due at the end of this week.

"Aedan. Thirty minutes, you have to eat eventually."

"Alright whatever." I said, if that was going to stop him nagging which was only distracting me from reading this document. "Give me ten minutes." 

"I'll get changed." 

It ended up being another twenty minutes before I could finally switch the computer off and stood up, raising my hands over my shoulders stretching. I had been cooped up in that chair for far too long that my butt was hurting from the lack of cushion on the chair.

"Where are we eating?" I asked, "Do I need to change?"

"You're going to come in your pjs?" Sterling asked?

Unlike me, Sterling was always well dressed. Even for a casual dinner he was in a button up shirt. I on the other hand was in leggings and a loose top that was definitely two sizes to big.

"I'll wear a jacket over it," I said. It wasn't like I was coming out in a nightie.

"Did you shower?" 

"Yeah, why?"

"So you went form pjs to  more pjs?"

"Is that an issue?" I asked looking down,  if anything was the issue, I would have thought it was my mismatched socks. One was yellow and one was pink.

"No, that's fine. Let's go." 

I grabbed my black jacket, throwing it over my clothes and slipped into some runners, hiding my dysfunctional look. Buttoning up the jacket, one would never be able to tell that I was wearing cozy and warm pjs underneath.

That was the beauty of a good jacket.

I looked at the clock, making a mental note that in exactly thirty minutes I had to be back at my desk. I had deadline to meet.