36- Paisley

The bell sounds again but neither one of them is quick of the mark to move.

"Get the fuck on with it," my father yells through cupped hands at his mouth.

Tommaso's attention is compromised and as he stupidly glances into the crowd, Tez takes the opportunity to strike out with a right hook straight to his chin. His head reels so fast I'm convinced he's broken Tommaso's neck. The noise level rises instantly with blaring horns, scattered applause, and screams of encouragement ricocheting from the walls of the arena.

All bets are off.

Tommaso staggers backward, and Tez executes another two consecutive punches to his chest causing him to fall forward into him. With their arms locked around each other in a wrestling move, Tez picks Tommaso up and slams him into the side of the cage. They grapple momentarily, and Tez lashes out again. When Tommaso falls to his knees, Tez holds him down with one fist on his back and delivers a punch to the back of his head.

An illegal move.

"You are a fucking idiot, Tez!" Lucien screams one side of me while Fitz yells obscenities to the ref the other. I shrink between them.

The referee is quick to act and stops the fight. He pulls Tez back to his corner with his palm braced on his heaving chest, while he yells and points at Tommaso to get back in his own corner.

"One more time and you're out of here, do you understand?" The ref's voice can be heard scolding him through the small amplified microphone attached to his face.

Tez doesn't answer and moves from side to side trying to get away from him, eager to finish what he's started. He pins him back to the cage and points at him. "I won't tolerate it. I want a clean fight, do you understand?"

Tez finally nods in understanding and moves back to the center. Tommaso does the same. Fight is ordered by the ref as his arm comes down and off they go again.

My heart's beating so fast in my chest that the sweat pours off me. I want to look away, but I can't. I'll never forgive myself if I miss the blow that will take Tommaso down and make Tez the champion.

Tommaso's notorious right leg catches Tez's shoulder with the force of a bulldozer, knocking him sideways. With him off guard, Tommaso pounds him with an uppercut to the face, sending Tez to the mat. The commentator's words are nothing but verbal screams as the ref shouts and he pulls Tommaso away, breaking the incessant pounding he's unleashing on Tez's back as he lays motionless face down.

An almighty scream flies from my mouth and before I can register what I'm doing, I'm pushing past security, paramedics, and other officials to get closer to the cage. "Fucking get up, Tez. Get up!" I scream. Muscular arms capture me around my waist, my feet no longer on the floor. I instinctively lash out my legs, kicking and screaming for Tez to get up. Slowly he pushes himself to all fours and my world stops turning when it looks like the ref is going to call time and declare Tommaso the winner.

Jackson blocks my vision, yelling at him to get his arse up off the canvas and finish what he's started. Tez climbs back to his feet and with a deep breath, he lunges at Tommaso as though nothing's happened.

"I can't watch this," I cry hoarsely with tears filling my eyes. I turn to bury my head in the chest of whoever's holding me.

"Yes, you can. Take a deep breath and watch the new champion to be at work. Don't lose faith in him," my brother encourages in my ear. "Suck it up, sis."

I hear the brash contact as they continue to punch the shit out of each other. Each sickening thud churns my gut making me want to charge in the cage and put a stop to the horror that's unfolding. This isn't going to end in the second round like everyone seems to believe. They're both in this for the long haul.