18- Paisley

"Yes, I approved all the stationery for Stallone's last week," I say wedging my mobile between my shoulder and cheek as I point to the removal men then the pile of boxes in the far corner of my living room. "And the new database is constructed it just needs members."

I hastily jog over to one of the removal men and slip the top box out of his grasp. "Not this one," I mouth with an apologetic smile then turn my attention back to my call with Lachlan who has been blowing my phone up all week long with queries, pointless information, suggestions, and so many mind-numbing questions. He's already found temporary accommodation in Castleford and relocated two weeks ago so he could oversee the refurbishment.

To say it's been plain sailing is an understatement. There's a saying that too many cooks spoil the broth - well, the same can be said for too many decorators ruin a refurb. Why Lachlan didn't stagger each trade and have them come in and work on different days is beyond my comprehension. I've no idea why my father put him as manager. But apparently, he knows best.

"So, what time will you be here, Paisley I really need you to come and sign off on things before your father comes next week. I want it to be picture perfect."

"Uhm," I look around my half-empty apartment, my entire life packed away in cardboard boxes and being loaded on to a truck. All except one box. One box of Seth's bits and pieces he's left at my apartment over the course of the time we've been bed buddies. "You can't surely want me to come to the gym today, Lachlan? By the time I've gotten down there and unloaded the other end, it'll be around eight, nineish."

"Perfect. I'll see you then."

"No - wait. I'm not coming in then, what about a shower and food and-"

Two beeps in my ear signal the end of the call. That bastard cut me off!

All I want when I get there is a shower, a big bowl of Ben & Jerry's, and to fall asleep in Tez's arms. I'll deal with Lachlan's crap tomorrow.

I drop Seth's box on the windowsill in the lounge and shoot a quick text to Tez. I've given my permission to Fitz for him to give the master key to my house to Tez in case I'm delayed or whatever, that way he can let the removal men in for me if they're there before me.

Hey you!

Removal men say they've about another fifteen minutes here and then they're leaving. We should be in Castleford by six. Can't wait to see you. You wanna stay over tonight? Xxx

I get an instant reply.

Is the Pope catholic? Safe journey. xxx

"Oh, yeah what's that fucking smug grin all about?" Bailey says loudly, her voice echoing against the bare walls as she strolls in through the open front door.

I jump, my palm flattens against my chest. "Fucks sakes babes, you almost gave me a heart attack."

"Sorry. But I couldn't let you go without a proper goodbye."

She's dressed in sweats and a cropped hoodie; her face free of makeup and her hair is piled on top of her head in a classy top knot. I've never seen her looking so casual before. But by god it suits her. I stare her up and down a couple of times. "You look smoking hot dressed down, Bailey. What's going on?"

The apple of her cheeks goes a rosy shade of pink and she shrugs. "No reason, I just fancied a change. Can't look like a glamour model all the time."

I tilt my head and smile. "It's Fitz, isn't it? That comment he made about how endearing a woman's natural beauty is to him?"

She rolls her eyes to the ceiling with the biggest smile searing her lips. "I really like him, Paisley. We're literally talking twenty-four-seven either through text or skype or voice notes to each other. We've decided to meet up. I'm driving to Castleford on Friday after work and then I'll come home Sunday evening. I'm so excited."