24- Paisley

It's just after eight when I finally make it home. My first full day at Stallones has been exhausting leaving me barely any time to eat. The thought of standing in the kitchen and cooking at this time of night has zero appeal, so when I step through the front door I'm surprised to see the lights dimmed, candles lit, and the fragrance of home cooking tickling my senses.

"Hello?"

"In here, Babe!"

Kicking off my shoes inside the front door, I continue into the lounge. My heart jumps into the back of my throat when I see Tez coming from the kitchen wearing nothing but black sweatpants and a welcoming smile.

"Well," I say, "I never expected to be welcomed by this sight."

"I know we weren't supposed to be seeing each other tonight, and I was supposed to be staying at my own place, but I can't stay away from you."

For the first time, he lets several of the iron bars he cages around himself to bend, giving me a glimpse at his vulnerability and self-doubt. "I know the master key is for emergency use, but I just wanted to see you. I hope you're not mad?"

I look around. My lounge is free of clutter, there are fresh flowers on the mantle and I have my own personal god letting himself into my house and cooking dinner for me half-naked. It's every girl's dream, I'm sure of it.

I give him a teeth-baring smile and immediately see the uncertainty leave his face. "How can I be mad? Although you shouldn't make it a habit, a girl could get used to this kind of treatment."

He pulls his right arm from behind his back and holds something out to me. Another surprise. Placing my laptop and files down on the couch, I take a few tentative steps towards him, unraveling my scarf from around my neck. "For me?"

"I thought you could do with it; you know the first day and all that."

"And you?"

He shakes his head. "Just because I'm abstaining from alcohol, doesn't mean you should, Paisley. I'm heart warmed to know you support me, but it isn't fair on you."

I slink towards him, running my fingertips along the ridges of his abs, across his pecs and up around his neck. "You," I begin kissing his chin, "are worth," I kiss his chest, "It."

"I want you to take the drink, sweetheart."

A growl rumbles in the back of his throat as my hand explores his abdomen. "Paisley," he whispers. "Stop. Take the drink."

He grabs my wrist firmly before it can breach the band of his sweatpants. I sigh dramatically and take the glass of red wine he's still holding. "Thank you."

I keep his gaze as I bring it to my mouth and instead of taking a small lady-like sip, I sink the entire glass in one mouthful then wipe my lips slowly by dragging my thumb across them seductively.

"Better?" he asks amused.

I exhale a moan a porn star would be proud of and trawl my eyes greedily down, then up his body. "Not really, but it's a start."

He exchanges the empty glass I'm clutching for a kiss to the corner of my lips and backs away from me towards the kitchen with a smirk. "Dinner will spoil."

I growl and raise my eyes to the ceiling. "How was your sparring session?" I yell, yanking my shirt from my trousers and undoing a few more buttons so I'm exposing a little more temptation for him.

"I'm sure Jace or Jackson have given you the low down."

I grab my laptop and fire it up. "Yeah, but I want to hear your side."