Chapter 14

(^ Gerard)
Escape

I was still chained up against the wall. I think it has been days. They had yet to feed me, and they tortured me some.

I panted, and yanked on the chains. Most of my wounds have healed, but not the ones pressed against the flower. The deadly one.

I herd footsteps and went limp. A new smell filled the air..along with food. I could hear my stomach growling and I was starving, but I needed to get out. I couldn't use any of my powers, because of the damned plant they had me chained to.

I felt the presence closer to me, but I didn't react yet. I took a deep breath and let out a small breath. I felt the chains get loose on me, and I reacted with full force. I ripped my arm from the chain grabbed the man by his neck, and slammed his face into the brick wall. He fell to the floor limp.

I grabbed the fallen keys, and dug them into the keyhole and released my arm. I tied him up and limped out of the room. There were stairs that looked old and damaged. I took my chances and climbed up them as silently as I could.

I made it to the upper floor, and quickly jumped into the shadows as a tall figure walked by. There at the end of the hall was a window. I sighed in relief, but a loud shout filled the air. People rushed down the stairs, and I ran toward the window. There wasn't enough time and I could feel them behind me. I ran and dove for the window. I put my hands above my head, and the glass shattered under my weight.

I felt it dig into my skin, and pieces cut my face, but I needed to focus. I landed rolled, and took off running again.

Everything was going amazing, but of course I had to mess up somewhere, so I tripped over a root.

That's when it happened. About a hundred shifters came out, and circled me. I looked around with wild eyes, when a howl filled the air. The cats stiffened and turned away from me.

Horse sized wolves came out, along with some cats and they attached the cats that were around me. I lay in the middle of this all and held a hand above my head to keep from getting hit. Soon the comotion died down, and a familiar pair of arms grabbed me and lifted me up. I stiffened, but got used to the arms I was in.

"It's okay." I herd a whisper. The voice was husky and I shivered. "I have you princess. Nothing will hurt you. Not while I'm here.I shivered and let the arms hold me.

I was safe with him...he would protect me. I trusted my mate, and he found me. "I won't let anything happen to you. Sleep." I let my eyes close and let the darkness over take me.

-----

I wasn't allowed out of bed until they were sure that I was fully healed and I could walk on my own. While I was out they told me about the guy that they had captured, and how he wouldn't be a problem anymore.

My brothers made sure that they knew where I was every second of the day and if they couldn't find me they would call me and ask me where I went...well more of a demand than an ask.

Lily stayed with me and made sure that I had lots of things to do, but I wouldn't be in the bed long. Not long at all.

-------

It has been a full two weeks, and I was allowed out of bed and out into the real world. So long as I have someone with me.

I stood at the edge of the the cliff. My now short hair was blowing in the wind. I let out a frustrated sigh as it tickled my back. I missed my long hair. The way I could do whatever I wanted to it...the way it used to hang down my back.

Then there was the rash from the Kokai cookei. They were blotchy and hurt. Some were leaving scared behind. My other cuts had healed though, but the red blotches weren't going away. I took a deep breath and sighed. Rough three days man. Can't get any word then this.

I felt a warm body press against my back and leaned against him. His woodsy smell filled my lungs.

"It's not that bad. You look good with short hair. You look beautiful either way." He said as he hugged me to him.

"Thanks Seth." I mumbled and leaned back.

"Aww. You two are so cute." I looked up and saw Delilah. She was smirking at us. Brady was right behind her.

"Thanks. I know. Were both totally hot, and hot people mix together." I smirked at her. She rolled her eyes and laughed at me.

"OK keep telling yourself that." She said sarcastically.

Seth and Brady were laughing quietly. "Don't worry I will. Me and my hottie were here first." I stuck my tongue out at her.

She giggled and sighed as she leaned against Brady. He held her close to her. "So glad we moved." She mumbled.

"Me too." I sighed and let the wind blow in my hair. I love this new weather. And Seth pressing up against me to keep me warm. "Although I miss the hottie's I met my first day here." I said in a joking matter.

Brady snorted. "What's that supposed to mean baby?" Seth whined.

I let out an exaggerated sigh. "That my dear means, that you let yourself go since we have been together." I smirked lightly.

I laughed a little. He let out quiet growl and muzzled my neck. "Noo." I giggled. My neck was really ticklish.

He laughed and held me close. "She's right though. You guys put on weight since we met." Del said.

I escaped his arms and Del was right next to me. "Yeah. You two are losing the muscle. Especially with all that food you eat." I let out a loud sigh. "We have to cut you off."

"Yes we do. No sweets and you only eat healthy." Del teased. She nudged me and we both backed away from the slowly advancing boys. "You boys eat like there is no tomorrow." She let out a face where her face scrunched up.

"Come. We must warn Emily." I told her and we turned and ran.

"We'll get you!" The boys shouted, and the chase began. Del and I were running and the boys were chasing us around. This was the life.

Sorry guys!! I've been real buissy with UIL and Semester exams, and I hope your not mad at me. I promise to try and update, but they will take a while to update and do all my work. Sorry!!!