Preface

They say that love is in the eyes of the beholder. Love is the strongest thing in this world, but some people don't believe in love. They are the ones cast into shadows, the ones lonely and angry. In some situations they are too far gone to be saved. Sometimes love leaves it's ugly scar. A scar that does not go away.

Four years ago...

"Niana. Why are you here?" An angry voice said. Niana looked at Misha. He looked angry. His face twisted in rage. The young cherokee girl just smiled at him kindly.

"I missed you, Misha." She grinned her happy little twelve year old smile at the fifteen year old. "I also want to tell you that I love you."

"Your too young to know what love is." He hissed.

She bit her plump full pink lip. "But I do love you. I will always love you."

She smiled. Her chocolate brown eyes shone with happiness, her waist length strait black hair blew in the slight breeze, and her russet skin was dark against her bright blue dress.

He snorted. "Get out of here Niana. I don't want any trouble, and I don't want to hurt you. Just leave me alone."

"B-but i thought-" she stuttered, but he cut her off.

"You thought wrong little girl. I don't love you. I will never love. You." He hissed out. She froze then. "That's right. You are a little nothing that-" before he could finish his sentence she slapped him. His body visibly shook. Unchecked rage and anger coerced through his body.

Niana looked at him in shock. Growls escaped Misha's mouth, and suddenly he was a ...tiger. His claws ripped through Niana's beautiful face, neck, and his claws ripped through her dress.

She screeched and fell to the floor. "Niana!!" A male voice screamed out. She felt nothing but pain, then the darkness overtook her small frail body.