Chapter 2

(^ Delilah)
The news

Niana's Pov

I sighed as I sat under my tree. I was relaxing and getting a moment to myself. I was in the middle of the woods and nothing could bother me.

Snap!, I groaned as I herd a branch snap. If course someone was going to ruin my time alone. Why can't I relax? Especially after all that has happened.

I bet you're wondering what happened. Well I'll tell you. You see I'm a part of this shifter clan. One that is very powerful. There are five clans. There is the Gatherers, the Protectors, the Council, the Hunters, and the Testers. I think the last one is stupid.

Anyways, the Gatherers are like the vampire efficiency of a tracker. They search the world for threats or other cat shifters. We know that vampires existed, and that there are werewolves. We watch out for them.

The Protectors watch over our people. They make sure that no one gets hurt when they are with us. There kind of like Hunters, but they only guard close to home. They also watch over the mates. No matter if there humans it shifters.

The Council make all of the hard decisions I guess you can say. They are our efficiency of a government. But you have to follow all the rules. And our number one rule? Don't socialize with werewolves or vampires. Dumbest rule ever. It's an ancient rule made by the old ones. The Royals. But that line was overthrown. They say my family is part of the old Royal family. So is my friends Delilah Adams. But we don't care. Plus she is human.

The Testers? I hate there names. They test people on where they will be assigned. In the Gatherers, the Council, the Protectors, the Hunters, even the Testers. Stupid. Testing them to see if there Testers. Back on topic. They also teach the people how to fight and fend for themselves. You can only be protected for so long.

Now the Hunters. They hunt down rogues. They have the lowest chances of finding there mate because they travel to much. They don't usually have a mate, but when they do? They keep her safe from everything and anything. I know...I've seen my brother and his mate. They are cute. In a get a room kind of way. The Hunters kill the rogues, one they found them. They show little mercy when they hunt, and when they hunt; they hunt to kill. No other way of describing it.

In the shifter world there are the types of cat shifters, there are lions, tigers, and Bob cats. The lions are the leader of there clan. The Bob cats are usually lower in rank, and the tiger's follow the lions. There are some special shifters that have powers that better there status in there clan. These powers get then higher ranked.

Bet your wondering what I am. Well to ease your curiosity I'm a special kind of clan member. I'm in the Hunter clan along with my four brothers. I am the youngest member, and I have power. Yep I am a god! Haha no I'm just kidding, but no one knows thus but my brothers. I shift into both a lion and tiger. The cool thing though? I'm the only girl Hunter in existences. No I lied. That sucks. Only girl in about fifty to a hundred guys. But it's cool that I'm more powerful then all of them.

Yeah my life kind of sucks. Plus they doubt I'll find a mate. I loved someone though....But He scarred me. Physically and mentally. I was twelve and stupid, but he said so many hurtful things....And He scarred me for life. Now I am ugly. Or so I herd whispers on the streets.

I like my scars. There battle scars, but they might be the reason I don't have a mate....The one that is most noticeable? The one I got when I was twelve and still human. The one He gave me. It went from my face down. Four claw marks. A reminder of my pain. I moved on though. I just had to ignore him which was hard. He was a Hunter as well.