9th Day - 18:35 - String and Things

Later that day, you got a call from your parents

Later that day, you got a call from your parents. After you flew back from Japan, you visited them for a little bit before going to Jumin's place. They were worried for you but trusted you that you have good intentions. They were currently in your house, taking care of MitKat.

"Hello?" you answered your ringing phone. You were with Jumin in his room, talking about each other's personal stories.

"Jihye, we have a problem." it was your mom that called.

"What is it? What happened?"

"I'm afraid we have to leave to go back home soon. The store..." her voice trailed off, ending abruptly before turning over to your dad.

"We might have to close the store for a while." your dad gravely said.

Your eyes widened. "W-What? Why?"

The sudden boom of your voice made Jumin concerned as he turned to you with worry.

"Unfortunately, with the rumors floating around, many people are posting false information about the shop, talking about how bad the quality of our violins are, and how we have poor customer service. Most of them reported that our store is a scam so we have to shut it down for a few months."

You cupped your mouth with your hand, too shock to process the information. "W-What's going to happen to you? How are you going to get money now?"

"I'm not sure. Your mother and I would have to find new jobs fast."

"I can send you some money. It won't be much but it's better than nothing."

"As much as we appreciate your generosity, it's your hard-earned money. You deserve it." your father chuckled happily.

Your father was such a positive person in any terrible situation. You felt your tears stream down your cheeks, catching Jumin by surprise. He reached for your hands, caressing the back for comfort.

"I came to call you to not only tell you about this current situation but since we have to go home, we'll have to return MitKat to you. We're not sure when you'll be back so can you send Mr. Han's address? We can drop him off for you. Oh, also—"

bing!

You clicked on the new message you just received. The atmosphere of the picture seemed familiar. Squinting your eyes for a closer look, there was no mistake that it was MitKat and Elizabeth the 3rd sleeping under the piano.

"Elizabeth the 3rd!" you practically screamed, making Jumin's heart jump in surprise.

"Did you find her?" he asked with a look of bewilderment in his eyes. You smile through your tears, nodding excitedly.

"We heard a loud cry of a cat outside the house last night so when your mother opened the door, she was greeted by this white cat patiently waiting in front of the house! As soon as she opened the door, the cat rushed in!" your father laughed along with a few purrs in the background.