6th Day - 18:36 - Rêverie, L. 68

"Elizabeth the 3rd?" Jumin walks into his room from his morning shower

"Elizabeth the 3rd?" Jumin walks into his room from his morning shower. "Is there something wrong?"

Elizabeth the 3rd was sitting by the door, looking at it longingly. All she could do was utter a melancholic murmur and a disheartened sigh. Her tail rarely moved like it usually does when she's happy.

Jumin walked over by her side and crouched down to pet her softly. She looked at the door as if she was expecting someone.

"Your eyes, they're wallowed up in sorrow... You've been like this ever since you came back home. Wait a minute," Jumin pondered to himself before looking at the clock. "I'll be home early today, Elizabeth the 3rd. Please be patient, dear."

Elizabeth the 3rd gave a heartless cry before reluctantly dragging herself back to Jumin's bed.

"I can't stand seeing her like this." Jumin frowned, staring at his beloved pet. Feeling like his cat was his top priority, he pulled out his phone to call someone.

...

...

.....

"Hello?"

"Jihye, hello."

"Hello, Jumin. I didn't expect a call from you this morning. Are you at your office?" you asked from the other line.

"I will soon. There's something wrong with Elizabeth the 3rd."

"What happened?"

"Ever since she came home a few days ago from your house, she's been feeling depressed. All she does is sit in front of my bedroom door and sigh. I can't help but think she's longing for someone."

You sighed. "That's exactly what's been happening to MitKat as well. He doesn't sit in front of the door, but he constantly sleeps under the piano and refuses to leave. Because of that, he hasn't been eating much." you paused. "Do you think it's maybe because they've fallen in love with each other?"

"That would be interesting if that's the case." Jumin looked back at his cat who was fast asleep on his bed. "I'll be home around 6 pm tonight. Would you like to bring MitKat for a playdate with Elizabeth the 3rd? Maybe they'll both feel at ease after they see each other once more."

"I would love to, but I can't. MitKat refuses to go outside ever since I found him as a stray. He's most likely traumatized that the outside world will hurt him. It's even difficult to bring him to the vet."

"Sorry to hear that about him."

"It's fine!" you laughed lightly. "If you'd like, you're more than welcome to bring Elizabeth the 3rd at my place. I'm sure she'll love to cuddle next to MitKat under the piano."

Jumin smiled through the phone. "That would be lovely. She'll be more at ease there. I'll arrive at your house around 6 pm when I'm finished with work. I'm looking forward to seeing you again."