author's note

Han Jumin — Good Ending

hello, everyone! if you made it to the end of this story, i wanted to say thank you so much for reading this far!

i really enjoyed writing this story since there's a lot of symbolism throughout the story. i hope you guys can figure out each hidden symbolic meaning^^

i started playing mystic messenger on august 28, 2016 so it's been a hot minute since i came back to play it again (because of the pandemic, i have plenty of free time to enter in the chatrooms). i stopped playing because i got too busy with school that i could barely maintain 30% each day T_T

i missed all the characters of mm so much. everything has changed so much since the last time i logged on lol (we have a v and ray route now!). back in 2016, i remember starting off with zen and collecting enough hourglasses to unlock the deep route to play seven's route (since he was my fav).

since it was only a month from the game's release, i had no idea that there was a recommended order to play the game. i went straight to seven before completing anyone else's route lol. i even unlocked both of the secret endings and all of the episodes too. after completing the secret endings, i was shocked bc i thought this was just an innocent game with pretty boys (and girls wink wink) but there were much more than that!

i downloaded the app again and this time, i really fell for jumin (dw tho seven is still my fav). i'm not sure why i fell for jumin since he's exactly not my type but playing his route had me crying and sympathizing for him. the 2016 me labeled jumin as cold and unfriendly and it was wrong of me to do so since i didn't give a glance at his route.

it's kinda a "duh" idea but although jumin seems to have a heart of steel, he is human. it pained me to see him shove all his emotions aside and create excessive work as his coping mechanism.

i won't go too personal, but that part of him relates to me somehow.

i really enjoy classical music (if that wasn't evident in the story lolol) and i could listen to it for days on end. i used to play the piano for a few years but now i switched to the violin. do i remember how to play the piano after all those years? lol nope. i forgot how to read bass clef since i'm used to reading treble clef now. i tried to paint a picture of how i interpret each piece and how it relates to you and jumin.

anyways, thank you so much for reading the long-awaited story! it's been four years since the last time i published a story, yikes!

have a wonderful day/night and i hope you all stay safe and healthy :)

- charminglysplendid

🎉 You've finished reading [ ✓ ] 𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐘𝐀𝐃𝐎𝐑𝐈 | 𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐣𝐮𝐦𝐢𝐧 🎉