7th Day - 21:40 - An incoming storm

Back in the hotel suite, Jumin was in the middle of a phone call with one of his security guards standing outside of the hotel

Back in the hotel suite, Jumin was in the middle of a phone call with one of his security guards standing outside of the hotel. Jumin's father booked a five-star hotel suite for everyone. The hotel was considered to be one of the most acclaimed and luxurious hotels in the world. However, to Jumin's dismay, his father booked a single room with a king's sized bed for his son and Sarah. Of course, his father shared the same room with Glam.

But Jumin didn't need to worry about Sarah because he demanded to have a room for himself. There was no way in hell he was going to sleep in the same bed with his so-called fiance. He'd rather sleep on the streets than to sleep in the same bed with her.

"Thank you. Yes, I'll be out there in a minute." Jumin ended the call as he tossed his black suit over his shoulders and quickly ran his fingers through his hair in front of the full-body length mirror. He had just come back from a "family" dinner with his father, Glam, and Sarah. He knew his father and Glam would be drunk. It always happens when there's a glass of wine on the table.

Sarah, however, was not pleased by his sudden disappearance. Jumin vanished from his seat by the time Sarah got back from the restroom. She tried informing Glam and Jumin's father about Jumin's whereabouts but they were too flushed to answer.

So she took matters into her own hands. Asking the receptionist about Jumin's hotel number didn't help since Jumin wanted to be alone without anyone knowing what his room number was. Sarah let out a distraught sigh as she stared out the view of Tokyo. Watching the streets boringly, a sight of Jumin getting into a car caught her eye. Feeling like this was a perfect opportunity, she snapped a picture of him and contacted one of her security guards.

- -

"How's MitKat doing?" you called your mom who was currently in your living room with your dad to look after MitKat.

"He's grown a lot bigger than the last time I saw him. Your dad loves to tease the crap out of that poor cat so they're in the middle of fighting over a toy mouse." your mom laughs. "Although, something about his eyes seems a little different."

"What do you mean?"

"They seem...empty. Did something happen to him?"

"It must be Elizabeth the 3rd."

"Who?"

"Oh," you covered your mouth, realizing that your parents knew nothing about you and Jumin. You decided it was time to explain everything that's been going on.

"Honey, you know how overprotective we are, but we let you out of the house in order to pursue your career as a pianist and because we love you. So please think of this advice out of our love and not discipline.

"We're worried, you know? I don't know if you have heard, but this young man, Jumin, you're speaking about, is in a bit of a pickle. His father's name is ransacked everywhere on social media. Since you seem close to Jumin, I'm sure you know this much. But I can't help but think that if the media finds out about you with Jumin, you'll put not only his company in danger but himself too. I'm not saying stop meeting with him but if you're planning on meeting him again, I suggest you do it cautiously and wisely."

Your heart sank. "You're not the only one who's thinking of that, mom. Even still, I can't help but reach for him. It's these butterflies in my stomach. I can't suddenly leave him, especially now. He seems on the edge every time new articles about his father and his company fly out. Seeing him, listening to him, and texting him makes me worried about him."

"Jihye," your mom sighed. "listen to me. It's ok to be worried about someone you love. But it can only go a long way till you realize you could be putting yourself in danger. You're Jihye, not a superhero. You can't save him. This isn't healthy for you two.

"From the day we've adopted you, you wore heart on your sleeves. A lot of moms and kids in the neighborhood would make nasty comments about you and all of us. But you've grown stronger and compassionate to those who are unfortunate. You are so selfless but being selfless is dangerous. You have to know when to draw a line.

"You're a smart girl. We trust and love you enough that you'll make the right decision. Hopefully, you can wait for this storm to pass by. If there's anything you need to talk about, please don't hesitate to call us, ok?"

"...I love you."

"We love you too, Jihye."

Ending the call, you laid down on the hotel bed, having a staring competition with the ceiling. You thought about what your mom said. You knew she was right but you loved him too much. It was too late to turn back now. After all, not all superheroes wear capes.

knock knock

"Coming." you peeled your body off the bed before opening the door.

Speak of the devil.

"Jihye," Jumin faintly smiled, his eyes growing darker at the sight of you. "I'm glad you're here."

"What's wrong, Jumin? Do you want to come in?" you offered but he respectfully declined.

"It's not gentlemanlike to invade your private space. I wish it's something Sarah could understand, however."

"I'm sorry you have to go through all this."

Jumin shook his head. "That reminds me, did you like the dress I sent to you? I tried to imagine you wearing it while I was browsing online."

"I knew you were the one who sent it." you grinned. "I enjoyed it very much. Thank you."

"I'm glad you liked it. Also, I'd like to give you this." the hand he's been hiding behind his back finally made an appearance as he held a bouquet of flowers in front of you. "These are red gardenias. It's my appreciation for your performance tonight."

You were overwhelmed by the number of gifts he was showering you. You appreciated his generosity but due to your selfless nature, you had to give something in return.

"By the way, you were crying at the end of your performance. Did something happen or did the music move you?"

"Ah, that," your eyes shifted nervously. "it's kinda both but mostly because I was immersed with the melodies of the piano and the orchestra. I was shocked by it when I finished."

"I see," Jumin muttered. He stared at your plush pad of your fingertips. He always wondered how your fingers would feel like in his hand. Your eyes followed his stern gaze as you reached for the tips of his fingers. His eyes slightly widened, surprised by your touch. The affectionate touch was a contrast to the professional handshake from today.

He welcomed your hand by enveloping them with his. The tension boiling inside his shoulders seemed to subside as he traced the back of your hands with his thumb in a circular motion. Despite this intimate moment, your heart raced faster than ever.

"Your hands...they're perfect. It fits inside mine like a glove." his thumb tickled the curves of your knuckles, wrist, and palm. "I want to stay like this forever." he hummed tenderly.

"I do too."