Prologue~ The Scariest Thing In The World

When I was younger, I always thought that the scariest thing in the world was thunder and lightning, when the dark sky would light up suddenly with a sharp crack and all you could hear was a deep rumbling that sounded like a lion's growl before it pounces. It was just the weather, I knew that, but in my fast thinking, fast working mind it was unnatural and just plain freaky. Even now, in my late twenties, I still hate hate HATE the sound of thunder and the clap of lightning.

But now i know i was so, so wrong.

I'd happily stand in a thunderstorm if it meant I was anywhere but here. I'd give anything to not be in this situation.

Its too late now though, he tells me, his hand brushing my arm softly. I glare at him, at this monster. The scariest thing in the world.

Author note: Hello and greetings to you, the reader. I first want to say thank you for taking your time to at least read the first chapter of this series. Second of all, i just want to let you know that this story, and the other ones to follow, are all based on each Sherlock episode. This one starts off following the lines of 'The Great Game'. And third of all, I will be using some dialogue from the episode so the story flows better.

Comment and fave! Thanks!

~DM