30

I can't imagine a world with you gone

The joy and the chaos, the demons we're made of.
I'd be so lost if you left me alone.

*EXTREMELY IMPORTANT READ BELOW*

You've reached the chapter that compiles all the Italics, hinted at the start of each new chapter and this essentially brings it into one huge piece in a smooth flow. If you've not bothered to read along, you'll have to now so it all makes sense. Enjoy, sending love, always!

Natalie Monique wasn't someone who generally cried, she didn't show much emotion, she didn't want to ever be seen as weak, but she did find her eyes welling up, while Daniel rummaged through Logan Greece's suite and found flash drives and documents which he shoved into his suit jacket.

Finding something meant this was all very real, and she felt as though all of a sudden she was involved in something she shouldn't ever have known about. She had enjoyed her ignorance until now.

"Please, don't cry." Daniel whispered, as he gripped her hand tightly, when the door clicked open up to the room her father supposedly had access to.

"I can't help it, I'm so confused." Natalie breathed heavily, "Daddy is the kindest person I know."

"I know." Daniel agreed, letting go of her hands to stake out the vicinity, just as her phone began to ring. It was Evalyn, calling. Natalie was distressed, trying to respond as articulately as possible.

"It was Evalyn," Natalie shared with Daniel, who had a bead of sweat running from his forehead, "She says daddy is coming up. We need to get out. I can't imagine how angry he'll be if he finds us here."

"My phones dead, I texted Spider just as we were in Logan's suite, I figured it wouldn't be soon before we got caught." Daniel admitted, "Maybe he's waiting outside. I did text an S.O.S."

Daniel Smith became agitated, taking off his tie as he pulled apart the black-out curtains covering the windows, which overlooked some of the city. He gulped at the height he was at, before taking a foot off the ledge and running to the desk which he hoped had something of value.

With his hands deep in the draws, he became aware of approaching footsteps and wished he could have just died right there and then. He couldn't believe his safety and wellbeing would now all depend on a boy who claimed he was Spiderman.

Senator Elton was far from impressed as he entered his room, especially upon seeing his daughter Natalie who was on the brink of collapse, thinking of a way to stall as she knew her father had Daniel cornered, and there wasn't much of a way to escape his current predicament.

Meanwhile, grounds below, havoc was unravelling in the ballroom.

She shook with anger and hatred, while tremors rippled through her as she hesitantly peered at him with glossy eyes.