38

Life was a book filled on pagesJust awaiting to be written

Just awaiting to be written.
Some didn't open it for ages,
Maybe afraid of being bitten.

Maria Monique and Theodore Finkley. Those were the people the Senator was complicit in killing, even if he hadn't done it himself. It didn't matter that he didn't use his own hands to bring their lives to an end, but he did it. He said it was the only way he could get rid of problems in his life, and that's what they were to him — problems.

He couldn't have Maria ruining his name after sleeping around, even if it had only happened once, he was disgusted by her. He couldn't have a man like Theodore Finkley, poor and without a status, fathering his grandchild, even if he wanted his daughter to put the baby up for adoption. Besides, status aside, he was a cheater and his wife didn't have a clue what he was doing behind her back.

In Elton's sick and twisted way he wanted to protect what name he'd created for himself and his family. It was his way of protecting his daughter, she was all he had. She would never see eye to eye, but he didn't care, as long as she was alive and thriving off everything he worked for.

Usually children didn't understand what was best for them, nor realise just what lengths their parents would go to, just to ensure they were comfortable in life.

Selene Gonzalez didn't kill Jorgio Gonzalez either, though it would have made a lot of sense, because she was in on the life they lived and wanted all the benefits that came with it, due to greed and fame. But she was only guilty of her desires for more in her love life, and that was her participation in sordid affairs. She got a thrill out of their little club, that was made of other members too, but they weren't aware of the whole organisation and the goals, the ethics and distorted morals of the founding members.

But she was sad, sad for Evalyn that she lost her father.

Logan Greece was guilty of many things, from terrorising hospital staff and coroners, pathologists and many others, anything to hide away as much as possible. Nobody needed to know that he was the reason Jorgio had been intoxicated or that he too had been intoxicated along with him.

It ruined his credibility in society.

He was responsible for blackmailing Richard Pastor and Jonathan Hewett to conceal things, but he also knew he hadn't been the reason why Jorgio had died, he knew that it was listed that he had a broken neck, and then he was found hanging. That wasn't him. In spite of his skills of blackmail and threats, he didn't kill neither of the Pathologists, nor did Elton. The only thing they had done was blackmail them, and have things signed off, by paying them.

Evalyn believed them.

Jorgio Gonzalez had been one of them. But he felt guilty at the end, because his daughter looked up to him, because he was ashamed of Evalyn ever finding out and hating him. She didn't hate him though. She just felt sad and disappointed, empty because the sinking in her stomach told her it was time she finally put this all to bed.