32

Some fighters died and some just got hurt

Some fighters died and some just got hurt. But most of the times, all were brought down to their knees, like a wounded animal, begging for another chance.

Lila Blue was clasping her mouth with one palm, while the other was reaching out for support. She quickly found something solid and grabbed on for dear life, thinking it was her brother's girlfriend.

It wasn't Evalyn Gonzalez, no. Rather she'd grabbed onto Spider and his bony arm, causing him to widen his eyes and let out a squeal, taken by total surprise.

"I'm sorry," She insisted, letting go, arms flailing around, "Where did Evalyn run off to? I'm so nervous."

"She's right at the front." Shadow replied, from behind her, while taking a hold of Spider and pushing him to a side. "I can see her from here."

"You have a tight grip." Spider moaned. "I think I'm going to be bruised."

"Pussy." Shadow smirked. "She barely touched you."

"Now why on earth would you call me that as an insult?" Spider burst out, "Something that is capable of bringing out a baby into this world, shouldn't be used to berate others."

"I would ask why the fuck you're speaking this way," Shadow muttered, though he wasn't being harsh about it. He'd come to accept Evalyn to be a part of his life after all. "But I know it's because of Little Miss Perfect. Since when do we use words like that?"

Shadow and Spider continued to argue back and forth, over the hollering and cheering of men and women. Lila at least felt comforted knowing she was around those who Elijah trusted himself. While Spider was unreliable most the times, Shadow made up for his lack of responsibility and made sure he took care of everyones best interest. Elijah always did have Shadow run his errands after all.

Though Lila wasn't pleased about Evalyn's disappearance, she decided she would stay where she was, at least she was surrounded by some familiar presence, it was easy to get lost in a crowd like this otherwise. She was sure that's how Evalyn had disappeared, she must have been pushed all the way to the front among everyone, even if she had been mid-sentence in conversation with her.

Tonight had brought in an array of colourful people, from different boroughs, even States. The camera crews were excited, to gather some coverage, to be the ones getting raw footage. Everyone that appeared to be clad in expensive couture, had arrived for closing night, which Logan Greece had himself appeared at, proudly flaunting himself and his expensive suit.

That man knew how to wrap people around his thumb, everything he said, the crowd would eat up. He was good at making up lies and getting people on his side. What had started as an illegal business, had now become something he claimed would raise the living standards of the less fortunate on this last occasion.