Chapter 1

„For a year...or perhaps a little longer than that...I won't be back..."

He turned his eyes back to his little bunny, standing next to him on a bridge, starring to the same moving water as he had been doing a moment ago.

"Would it be okay?"

Her answer came straight after. Mamoru could see her fingers trembling lightly as if she tried to hold on to something when her palms rested on the stony railing of the bridge.

"I'm alright. What's wrong with America?"

He was sad. Sad to leave her for so long. He didn't know if this would be the right decision but when he was offered this unique opportunity to study abroad, he had to take it.

Mamoru knew he was a super hero who would reign over this planet in the future. But the future was far, far away and he wanted to offer Usagi something for this life. She would deserve nothing but the best and thus, Mamoru wanted to prove himself worthy for her.

Usagi lifted her gaze from the water up to him and spoke with a slightly broken voice

„It doesn't mean that we can't see each other forever!"

She stepped a little closer to him and lightly leaned her head against his chest when she confessed

„And...I'll always be in love with you...good luck in your studies."

When she was so close and fragile and just lovable, Mamoru was just about to do spontaneously what he carefully had been planning for such a long time now.

He wasn't a man for the big show. Not at all. With Usagi in particular, he had shared so many wonderful little quiet moments which had meant the world to him.

The time when their future daughter Chibiusa was with them, he had enjoyed a lot, since both of them together had given him sense to the word 'family' which he had never really understood before.

After they met again in this life a year and a half ago and had been through so many things together since then, he came up with the idea of ​​nailing his relationship with Usagi.

When he'd come back from America, Usagi would be mature enough that they could live and spend their future together. There was no way for him to wait any further. She would say yes and he knew that there wouldn't be much words needed, apart from one which expressed everything he felt for his Usako.

"Aishiteru"

He said to her after he had pulled out the engagement ring and had put it on to her left ring finger. In the middle of the airport, a huge public place, surrounded by so many people but they were sunken in their own little world.

Her reply was the most wonderful smile he had ever seen on her. The sealing kiss they shared was filled up with love, desire and hope for a better life. Together.

There were no tears on Usagi's face when she waved goodbye to him and Mamoru knew that this had been the right decision. Without any question.

He looked forward to this new adventure in his life. This time, it would be something normal. Without any fights, cruel enemies and there would be no final battle where any of his allies would have to sacrifice in order to safe the world.

Now peace ruled their life's and it was time to move forward things.

"Usako"

Mamoru said to himself while he was sitting in the plane and looking at a photograph of him, Chibiusa and Usagi, being so happy that it almost ached his heart.

All of a sudden, a bright light hit the plane and made Mamoru to transform as Tuxedo Kamen within a few seconds.

From one moment to another, everything had changed.