Chapter 21

Robyn

I sobbed while my hands covered my face, I hiccuped and caught my breath, then continued with sobbing again, that is, until someone grabbed me and pulled me away from Alyssa, when I looked up, I saw Masky.

"Uh hey, don't cry, I mean, at least you're still alive right?" He kneeled down next to me, which in turn, I didn't really think at the moment, and I'm not sure why maybe because I was so broken at the moment I couldn't even think. All I know his that I pulled him closer to me and I cried on his shoulder, I didn't really know what else to do, except pour my heart out to someone who didn't really care, but that seemed to be the least of things I could care for because at least he was there. And at least he had tried to comfort me.

"Erm..." Masky said quietly which in turn, I actually felt him tense up completely, as if he had no idea what to do, I don't blame him, this is probably his first time having a girl crying on his shoulder.

"I-I'm sorry" I mumbled as I pulled away from him "I-I just..." I couldn't say anything else, the rest were just hiccups and whimpers.

"It's fine, let's get you out of here" Masky said as he helped me up, which in turn I looked at him then looked at... My now dead sister.

"Right..." I said as I wiped my own tears away, then nodded and started to walk "you'll have to help me out of here..." I mumbled

He then nodded and grabbed ahold of my arm, then started to walk me out of the woods for a moment, I could actually see Masky being a little more nicer to me, at least he helped me out of the woods, and now he's helping me home. I never thought he cared, most of all, I never thought he was nice.

Of course, today; I stand corrected. He walked me home, since nobody was outside, and of course, he told me he needed to "watch over me". To this moment I don't understand what he meant, did he mean he needed to protect me? From what? We both continued to walk up until we made it to my front door, which in turn I opened the door and walked inside, and Masky followed behind me and closed the door behind both of us.

I looked around and sighed mournfully, then trudged upstairs and went to my room, when I pushed my door Masky stopped the door with his foot, walked inside, then closed the door behind him. I looked at him and sighed again

"You can leave if you want, I'm not forcing you to stay" I said softly, though my voice cracked every now and then, the truth was I didn't want him to leave, that would only mean I would be utterly alone until Toby stops by, which I'll end up questioning him on why he disappeared

"No, no, I'm staying, I have to watch over you" Masky stated bluntly, this time I actually showed that I was happy, which I guess surprised Masky, considering I didn't really like him, and because he didn't really like me. But it didn't matter, we're somewhat... Somewhat friends I guess, and at least that's what I can hang on to.

Masky went ahead and sat on my office chair, which in turn I sat on my bed and sighed softly, he looked over at me then turned the chair to face my desk, that's when something caught my attention. It must have caught Masky's attention too. The piece of paper, that crumpled piece paper that sat on my desk, the one I thought was blank, was now actually written on. Messily too.
I looked at him, and he looked at me. The next minute went so fast it felt like a few seconds. I raced over to the paper, as he stood and shot his hand over to it. His hand won while my hand ended up wrapping around his. Immediately the first I did to react was try to get the paper away from Masky so I can see it

"Robyn I'm telling you this, you don't want to see the paper!" Masky protested

"I have to see it Masky! Hand it to me!" I yelled as I reached out for it against but he lifted it up in the air, I'm so angry that I'm short. I jumped and tried to grab his hand again, but I only touched his palm. Finally I sighed then looked up at him, then noticed something that made my cheeks rosy red. His body was pressed against mine. I could see the outline of his jaw underneath his mask, he looked down at me and sighed, I shook off my thoughts and jumped to try to get it again, but instead of actually landing on my feet, Masky fell backwards, and so did I apparently.

I landed on top of him, and for the moment we laid there, I looked into his mask and he probably looked at me through his mask. I blushed a little more then noticed he stopped tensing, he literally put his attention to what was happening at the moment. I took the advantage and with my free hand I took the paper from his hand. I looked back at him and blushed again, then sat up quickly and sat on top of him.

"Don't look at it Robyn! Listen to me just don't!" I looked down at him and sighed

"Why not? What's the matter of it? Will it be the end of my life if I do it?" I asked him, which in turn Masky fell silent, dissonance clouded in the room, I felt as if the paper was actually going to cause my death. I sighed then stood up and put the paper on my desk. Which Masky ended up grabbing the paper and stuffing it in his pocket, he sighed heavily then turned over to me

"Listen to me when I say things like that next time will you? I don't like spreading tension around the room" He said as he slumped back on the chair

"Well next time you should give me a reason rather than give me suspicion" I shot back, Masky shook his head

"Just get some rest Robyn, I think you've had a long day, haven't you?" He asked, which in turn I nodded, as memories came to me and I teared up again

I didn't bother to get dressed, I was so tired and exhausted and full of despair, that it felt like wearing a different set of clothes would mean I accepted the fact that Alyssa was dead, and I couldn't do anything about it. The only family I have left that meant the world to me, was taken away from me. By some.. Tall... And pale person... I have an idea of who it might be, and I don't want to be right... And I have to check with Masky... In other words, force Masky to tell me or I'll shove him out a window... If I have the chance to do so, that is.

I cried myself to sleep that day, only because that was the only way to force myself to sleep. My life has been falling apart slowly, I wish it wasn't.