Chapter 25

Look at Your calendar

April Fools
________
Robyn

Sharon is gone. That's all I could say, she went missing a few days ago. I'm not sure what happened though, the police have been doing this investigation for a few days now, and all I could do is worry.

Masky told me it's nothing he knows so I wouldn't get suspicious of him. To tell you the truth, Masky is the only other person I talk to. So I'd rather not accuse him until he feels too guilty then tells me. That will probably be never. But I think I may be able to break him, since he's always there. Whenever I come home, he's there mostly, sometimes he's out and sometimes it's like he's never left the house, which I know he has, and when he's there he's usually reading a book... Somehow with that mask... Or he's finishing up a puzzle that he finds in my attic, which I'm not really worried about, not anymore that is. I don't mind him exploring this house, I've lost everything, and maybe even my best friend...

But hey, that's life right?

You meet a killer, and your life ends to fulfill their happiness, and that's why I guess everything around me is being taken away from me, my old life, my friends, my family, I'm glad aunt Hannah is still alive though. She told me to come with her, but I told her that I wanted to finish school first, then move over where she lives, and all she could say was yes. She knows I'm smart and I wouldn't get myself stuck in anything, so she promised she'd pay all the bills for the house. I thank her so much for that. But anyhow, even with that stress is still upon me for some reason, I guess it's because I'm not sleeping at all and I'm practically sleeping in my classes.

So far, Masky doesn't know I'm not sleeping, because I just pretend and all he does is something so irritating. Once he knows I'm asleep, he takes off his mask and sits by the window and looks outside and to the moon if it's even there, the irritating part is that I can't see his face, which he hides from me. I'm guessing he's insecure? Or maybe something else... Probably both, because last time I commented on one of the puzzles he literally jumped and stuttered out a thanks. Then scolded me for startling him. I guess it's probably not because he's insecure, but timid a bit, kind of like me, except he's a killer who tried to kill me a few times, not anymore but I'm still kind of scared he might. But today after I came from school, he wasn't in the usual spot in the living room, but I knew he was here. It was pretty obvious that he was here. You can here his footsteps in my sister's room. Wait. My sister's room. Why is he in there? I dropped my stuff on the couch and ran upstairs and into her room.

He was there with a notebook in his hands, and he was ripping out the pages and tearing them into little pieces. My eyes widened and it snatched the notebook away and looked at it closely, it was just a journal, probably- maybe, her diary since she lost her old one long ago, or so she told me.

"Robyn give that back to me!" Masky snapped as he tried to take it, but I ran off before he did so. I ran to my room and locked the door behind me then sat against it.

"Robyn this is not a joke give it to me!" Masky banged on the door, though I huffed and held the journal tightly to my chest, even though he wasn't in the room I still held on to it.

"Tell me why I should give it to you and maybe I would." I stated as I jumped slightly as his banging.

"Robyn!" Masky protested "just give me the journal it's important that I need to destroy it!"

"No, not until you give me a good enough reason" I said stubbornly, which in turn I heard Masky growl and then he suddenly stopped banging on the door. I fearfully stood up and opened the door, then looked around quickly, he wasn't around.

I walked around and looked in every other room even downstairs; he wasn't in sight. I clenched the notebook tightly as I walked back upstairs then looked again in Alyssa's room, then sighed softly, I must've frustrated him that he left. I looked down at the pieces that he tore up or crumbled, then walked closer to them. Suddenly someone placed their hand on my mouth and another around my waist, I looked to the corner of my eyes and saw Masky. I narrowed my eyes as I struggled to get the journal away from him.

"Robyn just give me the journal and stop acting like such an immature kid!" Those words kind of hurt me slightly, but that only fueled my anger. I shot my foot up and kicked him... Well... There... And well, I don't know how hard I hit him but he ended up letting go and falling to the floor. I growled and ran to my room and locked it behind me then sat down and looked at the notebook before I opened it. There was just writing on it, so I guess she did use this as some type of diary. I decided not to read it, knowing that Masky ripped too many pages for me to know what's going on, so I shook my head and sighed, I closed the notebook and looked at the cover, then looked at the back. My eyes widened.

There was a circle with a huge X over it.

I don't know why I felt so scared of it. It just did. I jumped when I saw something at the window, then I turned and instantly, I wasn't that scared anymore. It was Toby, he hoisted himself over the window and looked around, once he spotted me he ran over and hugged me tightly.

"Sorry... For leaving you for a few days..." He said quietly "I really didn't mean it"

For the first time, I really didn't know what to feel. On one hand I was so angry I could smack him, on the other I wanted to hug him until I became so tired and I fell asleep, and finally my thoughts were telling me to be afraid, because I didn't know where he was this whole time. I didn't know what could happen or who he killed. But right now, I would have to settle this after he hugs me, and stops his apologizing.
_____

Sorry if the ending was kind of cheesy or crappy, next chapter will be a lot more better and probably longer than this, but I will be in school and since I didn't really study over the week it's gonna be hell. I hate being busy in school. Oh well.

Hope you enjoy the chapter!

~Fate