Chapter 9

Robyn

The next two days was amazing! I spent my time with Sharon and Murdoch, the tormentors never came though I secretly believe that they talk about us badly. But even so! Apparently Sharon said that I'm more happy when I'm around Murdoch, she's even said that it's like the both of us just brighten each other's days.

"Maybe you guys should date! You'd both be perfect together! I can just see it!" Sharon insisted and made up random weird stories of me and Murdoch being together, which would win her a punch on the shoulder; though she'd laugh because I wasn't making the hit hurt... The truth was... I was kind of trying in those punches....

"We're just friends! That's it!" I said, though sometimes... I kind of wish we were more than just friends... Sometimes that is...

"Yeah right! You know you like him! And he likes you back! You guys just gotta pull the string and ask each other" Sharon exclaimed as she frowned, then noticed Murdoch coming over, then grinned. Ugh... Please Sharon...

"Hey Robyn, hey Sharon, what's up?" He was sweaty, only because I think he was in basketball practice, ever since he came here, guys were talking to him as if he was popular because he's new, but even then he still sits at our table, he doesn't change his attitude with anyone... He's just... So nice.

"Nothing, just teasing Robyn over here" Sharon stated boldly, Murdoch chuckled and stood by my side.

"Don't bother her, she didn't do anything to you" he stated nicely then smiled at me, which in turn, I returned the smile.

"Well whatever, you're always protecting her, it's like you like her more than a friend" Sharon is pushing it, Murdoch was silent for a minute, you can see a slight pink color form on his cheeks, he then shook it off

"She's a friend, I have to protect her, and since I said that Sharon don't bother her, come on Robyn, I'll walk you home" Murdoch said then turned to me "That is, if you want me to walk you home"

"Erm... Yeah, let's go, I mean, we do live in the same neighborhood anyway" I said as I started to walk, Murdoch followed next to me while Sharon huffed, even though she also did live in the neighborhood her parents refuse to let her walk even if it's with me, though my... Mom, let me only because I stated reasons why and explanations then; finally did she give in and let me go.

After a moment of silence while walking, Murdoch started off an explanation about science and the project that also came up with it. It was an astronomy project, it was about how we were supposed to define the planets on the solar system and make a whole poster about it. The teacher is giving us two weeks to finish it, and so since it was kind of hard, she was nice enough to choose some partners, and instead of getting someone who really won't do their work, I got Murdoch. Which was pretty amazing.

"Do you want to get the poster? Or I get all the supplies and do the summaries while you do the research and decorate the poster with the solar system?" He asked me as we neared my house

"Well that's a good plan, I'll start the research and you start gathering the supplies" I said as I started walking to my porch

"Alright, well then, see you tomorrow!" Murdoch smiled and waved then started to walk off in a different direction that would eventually lead him to his house

"Bye" I said as I walked inside, then sighed, there was absolute silence, I frowned then thought for a moment could she have tutoring? Maybe, she probably wasn't doing well in her classes... Or maybe she missed the bus.... I sighed and walked to my room and dropped my stuff on my bed, then turned back to walk to the kitchen, when out if the corner of my eyes I saw something. No someone. I sighed, for a moment I knew it was Toby, it has to be, it was immediate for me to think it was Toby, though only one thing set me off into a world of fear and panic.

Toby is always in my room. He never wanders around my house. That and Toby somehow only sticks to being in my room, he doesn't follow me anywhere else even when there's no one else, unless it's being outside. I slowly turned my head to the side to see the guy with the white mask again. He was leaning back on the couch his arms stretched out on some of the cushions of the couch. I clenched my fists tightly and stared at him in fear

"So, since when was he here?" The masked guy asked

"Who are you?" I ignored his question and tried to stay as calm as possible, though it was somewhat unsuccessful

"Answer my questions first; how long was he here for?" He asked, more sternly than before

"Look, I'm not going to answer any questions from you, unless you tell me at least your name" I managed to say with the same voice level as I had before, he sighed then shook his head

"I can kill you right here. I'll force Toby to tell me, it's your choice" I tried to gulp back my fear, but like always; it continues to show off clearly.

"A few weeks... Almost a month..." I mumbled softly, he sat up, I couldn't tell if he was surprised, or shock, since after all; he was wearing a mask

"When was the last time he actually killed something?" I shrugged at that part, then looked around for a way out, I heard a distant thud from upstairs, but I guess he couldn't hear it.

"Look, I don't really want to hurt you, it's my job to kill targets who are trying to sabotage a proxy, and that's what you're doing, so either leave the city, stop calling him to you or let me kill you, it's your choice" The guy took his knife out, which startled me a little

"I can't really... Get away from him. No matter what I do or where I go he'll follow" I stated, though I regretted it gratefully, I can't leave the town had I can't tell Toby to leave because he won't, the only other option... I really hate myself for opening my mouth.

"So then, the only other possible way to get you away from him is dying" He stated bluntly as if he said that every day. Haha, funny joke. He walked up to me quickly before I could do anything and raised the knife in the air, I closed my eyes tightly and waited for the impact but all I hear instead is

"Don't you ever think about hurting her"