Chapter 18

Robyn

I don't think I necessarily called it a 'kiss'. More like he moved a little bit and my lips pecked the corner of his, people would most call it a fail apperantly, but at least it's kind of considered a kiss, maybe. I closed my eyes tightly then scooted away a little bit, only to end up with me rolling back into Toby, which in turn he wrapped his arms around me and in a way he brought me even closer to him, to the point were my head laid on his chest, and I was listening to his heart beat. I blushed a little more then looked up at him again, he was still asleep, only this time; I could hear his light snoring. I tried to get out of his grip, but failed at it.

When I finally gave up and put my head on his chest again I listened to his heartbeat. Slow and steady... It.. Somehow calms me... He twitched the whole time, but it didn't matter, I didn't mind it at the moment, I closed my eyes as I continued to listen to it until somehow, I fell asleep.

The next day~

I woke up the next day and opened my eyes, then sat up quickly, something was different, more as if, someone was missing. I looked around quickly and noticed Toby wasn't with me, then I remembered that he had said that he would leave in the morning, I then sighed in relief and got out of my bed then got dressed, this time I would have to be going to Murdoch's since we had planned it out before that I'd have to come over if I could today, and I would, I have tons of time to spare at the moment so now I'm going.

After a few hours of doing my usual things, which in other words just reading or hearing music, or heck, maybe even drawing I grabbed my summaries and other materials for our project and reminded Alyssa that I'd be going to Murdoch's which in turn she told me to be careful, and to make sure I'd come back before twilight, then right after that I had left to Murdoch's house.

-

I never knew his parents were so nice, we had a nice conversation then they invited me to eat lunch which in turn I had declined nicely and told them that I had already eaten, after Murdoch ate we went to his room which his room, was actually pretty clean and neat, we worked on the project on his bed and had a casual conversation the whole time, we laughed and joked around, and for that period of time, I actually enjoyed being around him for a while, it made me feel much more at home type of thing, maybe because he'd accept the way I was, but otherwise I just think he's a great friend.

When I left his parents offered me a ride home, saying that it was getting pretty late and I shouldn't be walking home alone like that, I declined them again but they insisted, which in turn; I had agreed and gotten a ride.

It was surprising that the whole time they were driving me home, I couldn't spot Toby, nor could I even feel like I was being watched, it was as if the days before didn't exist, only the normal ones. Of course, I know they were real I just... Didn't believe that things went so nice for one day. And that day only. If only sometimes it could stay like that, I enjoyed this life and I wished there was more to it, I wished that things were so much calmer and we didn't have to move, I wish I could spend my time with my friends like I just did and laugh and have conversations then just do the craziest things, but of course, none of that could go like that all the time. So I enjoyed and savored this time while I could.

I waved goodbye to Murdoch's mom and Murdoch himself, then walked inside of my house, where inside - surprisingly - was dead silent. I turned on the lights and noticed that there was a note on the kitchen table and I looked at it, somehow it was hard to believe it was Alyssa's handwriting. It was messy but I can make out that it was hers.

Hey twerp, I went out for a while I'll be back soon though, make yourself some dinner if I don't come as early as I expect, something strange just happened but I should be fine. See you later.

- Alyssa

I frowned at the note, strange? I thought, I wonder what she meant by that. I shrugged it off, and made myself a sandwich, after I ate it I picked up my mess then went my room, I threw leftover materials at my bed then went to the restroom, took a shower, came out and got dressed just like the usual times, I cleared the stuff off my bed and put them away then grabbed the same book from last time and slumped on my bed, then read a book and after a while I closed it and put it away then turned off my lights then dumped myself back on my bed, though I kept my door open just in case Alyssa - who's still not here yet - comes back, and I would be able to hear her, then just reassure myself.

Though instead, I just laid on my bed. Staring at the ceiling, I didn't hear the front door open, which in turn I started to worry. Maybe she stayed over at her friends, she should be fine Robyn, stop worrying, she's fine. I thought, and I thank my thoughts. Because of my thoughts I finally fell into a deep sleep, though so many other thoughts raced through my head. One of them really worried me

Where was Toby? Why wasn't he stalking me? Did something happen to him? Not that I really care about that thought for a moment, though sometimes it does worry me a little bit... Anyway, other thoughts were just blunt except for one, why hasn't he visited? He visits everyday. But today it's like he didn't even come by the neighborhood. Not even Masky showed up, which was rare, but after the whole him trying to kill me thing was over, I would at least spot him. Not that he would reassure me, at least it I would know that of he's there, Toby's bound to be around somewhere. Close by. I couldn't sleep for long, but sleep was better than no sleep and when I woke up the next day, I got up and raced to Alyssa's room.

But she wasn't there.