Sempiternal (Ticci-Toby Romance)

Robyn

I sat in my desk, my fingers tapping against my pencil softly while my eyes skim outside, the cloudiest view in fall. Then again, it's been cloudy ever since. I kept looking outside until my view fell on the Gardner that works for our school, raking leftover leafs. After a little while, there was a strong wind causing all the leafs that he raked to blow away; in response the Gardner blew a fuse and kicked the tree he was raking the leafs from. In an instant he fell back on the leaves, making all the leafs - blow away with the wind.

Smiling softly I turn back to my class and sigh. It has been a slow day today, not to mention day lights saving.... Making it an hour forward and making me wake up late, but make school and hour more later...

"Ms. Porterson! May I please have your attention?!" The teacher says loudly enough to force me to almost jump out of my seat. I'm timid and so, I get scared much more easily than before; but being timid gives me better chances of reacting quicker to things than someone who isn't. Smart aren't I?

"Yes ma'am" I mutter softly as I sit up and continue my notes that I was currently writing on my notebook.

Mrs. Republic isn't the nicest teacher in the world....

I wrote in the very bottom last line of my paper with sighing softly. It isn't that I don't like her, its more like she tended to pick on me. I mean its fine but the thing is she only picks on me because I believe she found out that I don't like to speak in class... so I suppose my theory is that she wants me to get along with students that don't very much like me around them. I guess she doesn't want me in the loner spot in the whole school, and the truth is; I almost am.

It's not that I don't want friends, I mean I really want some... I try to make some but even so... though they all just take me for granted... I only have one friend. Her name is Sharon, and she's somewhat like me, although she's the opposite, optimistic friend - she's still my friend; and she's all I have....

"Okay class, the homework is the essay on the book we've been reading so far" She waved the book around in circles and kept telling us about the 1,200 word essay that she said was due, next week.

I could care less about it, I can write any type of essay in a few minutes; or at least half of it that is... I'm not a nerd, or some type of author. I just.... Can. But to tell you the truth, I don't like ELA, I rather love playing piano, than be picked around by a teacher...

The bell rang, thank goodness, and my advanced class; was over.

While everyone ran in the rain, with their umbrellas and laughing their faces off - I forgot to bring mine. I didn't check the weather before I left, and now; I'm walking in the rain.

As I walk around, in my usual route, there is more traffic than usual, which means, the crossroads are packed. I frown as I continue walking past the crossroad then start walking towards my neighborhood, only to be caught off guard by police and an ambulance or two. I walked past the house and saw a gurney carrying a person that looks like he's dying, he looked scared out of his mind and he kept muttering stuff...

"H-He w-wore a-a j-jacket with s-stripes a-and he h-had th-this thing! O-On h-his f-face! W-Watch o-out!" He howled and trembled as the paramedics put him inside the ambulance and jumped inside, then closed the doors; but before the doors closed he yelled "He's coming for you!" He was now looking straight at me, his eyes literally were staring at me, until they closed the doors. He kept screaming for me, at least I think he was..

I feel chills run up my spine, and a little bit of fear rise inside of me, but I can't shake it off, this fear is so...so different - it is so thick. No matter what I actually tremble a little as I continued walking. When I see my house, I don't even bother walking any more, I run straight, a full sprint inside and locked the door behind me.

"Hey twerp! Finally you're home, did you see the news?" My sister, Alyssa said from the living room, she was sitting upside down while switching channels on the TV.

"N-No, what happened?" I asked, please let it not be the man....

"That creepy guy in our neighborhood, he got stabbed in the stomach, and slashed on his back, he kept saying "it was Toby!"" She made a dramatic face and laughed, though my face stayed the same; scared, and serious

"Yeah... I walked past his house when they were still putting him inside" I mumbled as I went to my room and dumped my stuff in my bed

"Ha! Well alright, I always thought he was some type of rapist; but anyhow, to the better point.." She trailed off and walked to my room, she leaned on the doorway

"What is it?" I asked bluntly as I started sorting things on my bed

"You're old enough to take care of yourself right?" She asked narrowing her dark brown eyes

"I told you I'm not a child. I can care for myself" I admitted while taking out a pencil "Why though?"

"I'm going to sleepover with my friend because it's her birthday, can you survive without burning down the house for the night?"

"Yes, yes I can, just go I'll be fine" I sighed while starting my homework

"Alright well, my friend is waiting for me so I'm gonna go now, the food's on the table, see you tomorrow twerp" Alyssa said, whipping her black hair over her eyes as she started to walk out. My mom is out on a business trip for a month, and Alyssa was put in charge. So for now, my guardian just left me alone.

I sighed and continued my homework, and mostly my daily routine right there and then, which was how I was; no friends. Routine. Isolation. Loneliness. Sigh

-------- Later on that night ------------

Robyn

I slumped back into my bed and sighed, I had woken up; on my homework. Ugh. I pursed my lips as I put my stuff away and yawned. Then got on my pajamas. Once I did so I laid on my bed and yawned, I pulled the covers over me and fell asleep... Only to be awakened hours later.

It was midnight.

Looking around I sigh. Why did I even wake up? Crreeeeeaaaakkkk! Wait. What was that? Fear shook up inside of me as my eyes widened and started darting around the room. My eyes landed on the door, which was now open.

Fearfully, I get off my bed and look around. Nothing. I looked at my window. It was closed. Then why am I so afraid? I narrowed my eyes and walked towards my door quietly, my heart was beating so loud I bet even a deaf person can feel it. My breathing quickened as my hand started getting sweaty right when I touched the doorknob. I closed my eyes and closed the door, I then opened my eyes to see...

Nothing. There was nothing, nor anyone behind the door. I sighed happily as I started to relax.

But right there. I was proven wrong. I should've listened to my fear. To my timidness. Because the next I thing I knew was something wrapped around my mouth and pinned me against the person.