Chapter 50

A few hours later, and after making up (and I mean we made up in every way) with Cain, we pile into the cars. I recommend to Cain that we take more wolves than usual, and so we brought Axel, Lucas, Gwen, Zach, and ten other warriors along with us.

Cain and I drove with Lucas and Noah, one of the elite warriors. Cain briefed me on the meeting he held without me last night, and I somewhat paid attention. Honestly, it sounded pretty boring to me, because they unanimously agreed to not use excessive force unless necessary. I had a feeling their version of necessary was much different from mine.

I hoped for Sebastian's sake, he would be smart enough not to provoke Cain or mention challenging me. I had no doubt that Cain would turn Seb's flesh into ribbons of skin for threatening me.

By the time we arrived in Red Crescent, I felt extremely on-edge. On some level, my wolf recognized that this is my territory, and it made my thoughts more animal than human.

Your eyes are glowing, Cain mindlinks me as we get out of the car.

I pull my mask and hood of my cloak up, trying to suppress my wolf, something that I used to do effortlessly, and now seemed impossible. I can't help it. My wolf is going insane, I tell him, and for some reason, I have the urge to sink my teeth into his neck, claim him so the Red Crescent wolves know he's mine.

Cain groans. Stop, pup, he says as we walk up to the door of the Pack House, Axel to our right, Lucas to our left, and the rest of the wolves behind. I can feel you through the bond. You need to control it.

I roll my eyes. He was the last person to tell me to control my wolf. My mate's wolf was always in control of him. No, more than that- he is his wolf, there is no dichotomy between the two.

Cain knocks on the door, and I set my shoulders back and inhale, though trying to control my wolf is futile.

Sebastian answers the door almost immediately. "Welcome," He says slightly sarcastically, and I'm not sure if Cain noticed the slight chill in his tone. "Come in, they're waiting in the conference room."

Cain nods once and steps in, his shoulders so broad he barely fits through the door. He grabs my hand, and I know he's fighting the urge to carry me. We walk through the Pack House, and I almost laugh when I see the conference room. The same room I tried to kill Cain for the first time. Ah, good times.

"Not all of your wolves will fit," Sebastian says coldly. "Since you decided to bring a small army."

Cain growls at him, but Sebastian doesn't react as he steps through the door, leaving us outside. Axel, Lucas, Gwendolyn- You come in. The rest of you, stand guard. Five outside of the Pack House watching the perimeter, the rest of you sweep through the house, Cain commands.

Gwen grins evilly, no doubt excited to be included in such important pack matters, and I was impressed by Cain for including her. Given how sexist he was when we met, having a she-wolf involved in such a vital matter was good progress for Blood Lake, and I felt proud of Cain's growth.

The warriors disperse, and I was pretty sure that Sebastian would be outraged if he knew they were going to go through the house looking for possible threats, but Cain took no chances, even though I assured him Sebastian wouldn't be dumb enough to attack us.

Cain and I go into the conference room, followed by Axel, Lucas, and Gwen. Sebastian is sitting at one end of the table, Beta Samuel to his right, Gamma Omar to his left, and Mason, the Delta/ my former fuck buddy sat next to Samuel. He had his trademark smirk plastered on his face as he looked at me, his eyes intensely focused on mine.

I could feel Cain's rage through the bond, and the hand he had clasped in mine was burning. Change your mind about the no-violence rule? I tease him, and his anger subsides slightly.