Chapter 43

I'm drunk so y'all better flood this chapter with comments so I can entertain myself.

Also will accept compliments on how incredibly generous I am for uploading twice 🥰🥰

#StanDrunkAuthors

I summon a knife, and turn towards Thane.

"If you've come to kill me, you should know I don't die easily," I say, my grip tightening on the handle.

Thane has a half-empty bottle of liquor in his hand, which he takes another drink from. "I remember well," He laughs.

My eyes narrow. His brown hair is messy, unkempt, as is his unshaven beard. "You look like shit," I tell him honestly, an echo of the same words he had said to me back in Blue Moon.

He laughs wildly, drunkenly. "I've seen better days, Ares."

"Where's Onyx?"

"Gone."

"You haven't found her yet?" I raise my eyebrows in surprise. I wouldn't have thought he would be here unless if he located her.

He snorts. "Oh, I found her alright. She left me as soon as I killed her little boyfriend."

My eyes widen. "You killed the rogue?"

"Yep," He said, taking another swig. "Can show you the body if you don't believe me."

I take the bottle from his hands, taking a drink myself. "You're mates. You'll figure it out. If she left, it'll only be temporary."

He shakes his head. "Some things can't be taken back. She won't forgive me for killing the rogue. To be honest... I'm not even sorry I did it."

"I know the feeling," I mutter as I take another drink. "So that's it? You just let your other half go, just like that? You're not going to fight for her, to chase her?"

Thane sighs, running a hand through his disheveled hair. "I don't want to be with someone who doesn't want to be with me. I won't beg for anyone. She made her choice, I respect it."

I nod slowly. In a way, I understand. A raven landed on the ledge next to us.

"You mind?" Thane asks, reaching for the dagger. I shake my head, handing it to him. He precisely throws it at the bird, the knife impaling it so hard it goes flying off of the ledge. I hear it crumple to the ground a few seconds later.

"Sorry," Thane mutters, taking the bottle back and drinking. "I just really needed to fucking kill something."

I swallow thickly. "Did your grandfather teach you how to do that?"

He stills. "Do what?"

My heart is pounding. "To throw knives."

Thane drops the bottle, sending glass flying in every direction. "How did you know that?" He asks as his eyes darken.

A confirmation. My dreams weren't random.

My throat tightens. "Lucky guess," I choke out.

Thane grabs my wrist. "Ares, how did you know that?"

I try pulling my arm back, but his grip is too tight. "Thane, let me go."

"The dreams..." He whispers, his face contorting in shock and terror. "You have them too, don't you?"

"I don't know what you're talking about," I hiss, yanking my wrist back.

"Yes you do!" Thane insists. "That's how you know about my grandfather. I'm not crazy!"