Chapter 15

A/N: Put down your pitchforks everyone! I know I said I would update ONYX next but I couldn't stop thinking about this chapter so just zip it and take what you can get 😉

I rolled my eyes, the only part of me that I could actually move.

And you had to paralyze me in order to talk to me? I questioned, my voice thick with sarcasm. I wasn't really scared. It's not like Thane would hurt me, and I'm basically a pro at dealing with over dramatic Alphas.

"And you had to mutilate my mate in order to train her?" He snarled, and I could see that his wolf had complete control over him.

Rolling my eyes, I responded in exasperation, Chill out, Drama Queen. She had a couple of bruises. There's no reason to get hysterical about it.

Thane clenched his fists as he menacingly took a step towards me.

"Release the Luna right now or I swear I will fucking tear you apart," Axel's deep voice reverberated through the room from the doorway. His eyes were completely black, and he was shaking from trying to control his wolf. He was shirtless, only clothed in cotton shorts.

I had this under control, Axel, I try telling him.

"Shut up for once, Ares," Axel snarled at me, and I was surprised by his intensity. I hadn't seen him this angry... well... ever, actually.

"She hurt my mate," Thane hissed. "She will pay for that."

With those words, Axel was replaced by an enormous tan wolf as he shifted. Thane followed immediately after, transforming into his grey wolf. Size-wise, Thane was only slighter larger than Axel. Axel snapped his canines at him, growling threateningly.

Thane attempted to bite Axel first, but Axel dodged it and sank his teeth into Thane's torso. Thane shook him off and managed to bite his leg, but Axel was able to get away.

As they took turns snapping at each other with their jaws, trying to get bites in where they could. Thane must have had to put all of his energy towards fighting Axel, because his magic started to dissipate and I was able to move.

I threw a wolfsbane soaked dagger into Thane's side, and his wolf let out a whining sound.

I summoned another one and held it to his neck as he was panting in pain on his side. Shift or I'll give your other dagger a friend. I think it's lonely in your kidney, I hissed to Thane.

Thane growled, but shifted back to his human form. Due to exploding out of his clothes, he was nude. Nudity isn't really a big deal to werewolves, since we're used to shifting around others, but I still tossed him a towel, which he tied around his waist as he glared at me.

You too, Axel, I commanded. I was shocked when he snarled at me.

Must protect Luna, he growled through our mindlink.

I put my hand on his head. I'm fine. Go back to your room. When he looked like he was about to protest, I spoke again. I'll be fine, Axe. There's no door on my wall for fuck's sake. You'll be able to hear if anything happens. Go. That's an Alpha Command.

He looked down in submission. No wolf could ignore an Alpha's command, and he exited, but not before snapping his teeth at Thane once more.

Thane stood with his arms across his chest, the towel tied around his waist. His eyes were narrowed at me, but back to their usual green color. The wound from where I stabbed him in the abdomen was an ugly green color as blood still seeped out. Wolfsbane is a bitch.

We stared each other down for a couple of minutes, neither of us saying a word.

I decided, for once, to take the diplomatic approach. Thane has always been a very good friend to me, and he is Cain's cousin after all. Though I could imagine that Cain wouldn't be too thrilled if he found out about this incident.