Chapter 4

*Lia's POV*

I looked at the gravestone of my mother. Tears where still running down my cheeks and I sat there for like an hour or two already. It was snowing now and I hated myself for not grabbing my jacket as I ran away.

"Hey mum." I spoke up silently. I chuckled quietly. "I feel so bad for always coming here when something happened, but never just to keep you company. I hope your not mad at me like everyone else, I hope you're doing your thing up there." I smiled lightly as I looked at her name.

"I've been with the boys for a long time now, but still I prefer talking to you when I have problems. Let's just be serious, sometimes all you need is a Mum. A Mum who tells you that everything will be okay again, a Mum who hugs you until you forget about everything, a Mum who just listens and understands." I said and began to cry really hard again. She had been dead for so long now, but it still hurt like hell. "I wish I was with you. I know I shouldn't complain about my life. Luke was right, when he said I should be happy with what I have now and he was also right when he said I was acting like a bitch. It was just hard to hear the truth being said so straight .I feel so bad for yelling at him." I told her, even though knew I would never get that hug I wish I could have, even though she would never tell me that everything would be alright. 

"I just miss you so much. Why did you have to leave?" 

A jacket was placed softly over my shoulders. I didn't look up though, not wanting to talk right now, so I just continued to cry. The someone who put the jacket over me then sat down to me and pulled me into a hug.I turned my head so my face was in the someone's chest and just let it all out. 

"It's okay princess." a male voice said and I directly knew it was Niall. He is the only one who would call me princess.  We sat there for a few minutes, him just holding me, while I cried my eyes out. After I finally managed to calm down, Niall spoke up.

"I'm sorry for your Mum." he said, rubbing circles on my back. "Me, too. "I started. "Niall?" He looked down at me. "Yes?" he asked then. "Luke was right. I should be happy with what I have and not complain about my life. I was acting like a bitch, it just cuaght me off guard that Luke said it to me." I explained too him as he listened carefully. "But he could have said it different." Niall tried to defend me. "He could, but I don't care, what he said was true and seriously, my life could have been worse." I said and he looked at me confused.

"What do you mean by 'it could have been worse'?" "I could lay here, together with my mum. The day where she died, you know 11th September, it was bring your daughter to work day in her department that day. Normally I should have gone with her to that meeting on the floor where the plane crashed in, but I was sick that day, so I wasn't allowed to go." I told him, trying not to cry, which I surprisingly managed. "Wow. I never knew that. Neither Louis nor Zayn told us about it." Niall told me. "Because they don't know. They were at school at that time. No one besides my Mum knew that and I never told that anyone. You are the first one I tell that." I said and looked into his eyes.

"But why do you tell me this? Me out of all, why not Ashton, or Luke or Louis and Zayn?" he asked me confused. "Well because you're the one sitting here. You're the one coming here to comfort me. Not Ashton, Not Luke, Not Louis or Zayn. Sometimes I wish you were my brother." the words left my lips and I felt my breath stocking. Did I really just say that? I think I did.

He began to smile. "Since day one, you've always protected me, you've always been there for me. You spent time with me, even when I'm angry at everyone and anything and cheer me up again when I'm sad. You are always there when the others aren't and you don't let me down, no matter what I do. Did you really think I didn't notice that? Did you really think I didn't notice how much you take care of me?" I smiled at him and he laughed. "Just the best for my princess." He said and then pulled me into a hug again. "I love you princess." he then exclaimed. "I love you too prince." I chuckled and pulled away.

"How about we go home again huh?" He asked me and I nodded eagerly. "I really have to apologize to Luke. I feel so bad." I told Niall and he just laughed. "What's so funny about that?" "Well he wants to do the same." I then joined him laughing. That was so typical Luke. Always wanting to apologize even though he did the right thing.

When we walked through the front door, I noticed Luke standing in the door to his room, looking at me. His eyes were red and puffy from crying, I guess mine were too but I didn't care and just stood there smiling at him. I quickly ran upstairs and crashed into him, hugging him as tight as I could. "I'm soo sorry for yelling at you, you were right I was acting like a bitch and I should really be happy with what I have." I told him. He hugged back and nuzzled his head in the crock of my neck. "I am sorry for saying you're a bitch. I didn't mean to really." he whispered in my ear. I pulled away and smiled at him. I put my hand on his cheek. "It's fine." I said and hugged him again. 

"So are we besties again?" he asked me pouting and I chuckled. "We never stopped being besties." I said and he cheered and walked into his room, laying back on his bed.

"So what do you want to do then?" he asked me, while I still stood in the door frame.

I looked down the hallway, where Niall was entering his room. He noticed me watching him and smiled at me. I mouthed a thank you. "Always." he said back and then went into his room.

I looked at Luke who was still looking at me awaiting. "How about we play Need For Speed?" I asked him and he laughed. "Oh so you think I can't play yeah?" I asked him and he nodded. "I don't wanna be offensive, but you're a girl and you wanna play a game made for man. You won't win." he laughed. "Oh, watch me." I said and sat down and he chose his car and the route we would drive.

I picked my car and soon we were driving. "Shit did you play it before?" Luke asked me as he noticed how good I actually was in this game. "I have three versions of it back in Germany and I have the online version, all finished with 100%." I said and he looked at me shocked. "That's not fair, you should've told me that before I made fun of you." he whined. "Why should I? It's ways ...more...funny...like...THIS! YES BABY I WON UHU YEAH!" I cheered for myself and Luke threw the controller away, pouting. "That wasn't fair." he said. "Yeah. Sure." I said and left his room. "Hey where are you going?" "Downstairs, searching myself a suitable opponent." I chuckled and left. 

I was more than happy me and Luke got on again. Instead of going downstairs I walked into my room and lay down on my bed. My eyes wandered to the picture of my Mum and me.

A small smile appeared on my face. 

Sometimes a Niall Horan is just a good surrogate mother.