Chapter 24

Quietly I observed his facial expression. I didn't know what to say or do.
Tension filled the room. I didnt know what he wanted.

"Lia listen. I think that with us, won't work out again." Ashton said, looking at his hand.

My heart pumped against my chest and my breath stopped for a minute or two. I took a deep breath and balled my hands into fists, which prevented me from starting to cry.

"Look at me." I said really harsh suddenly, which wondered not only me but also Ashton.

"Look me in the eyes and say it again." I commanded.

He looked at me in disbelief. He sighed and stared in my eyes for a few moments without saying anything, but soon he spoke up, his eyes not leaving mine.

"This with us is over. It won't work out again. It happened too much." Ashton said coldly, his tone sounding like he never even gave a shit about me.

"I'm sorry." He said as he stood up and left.

I sat there on my bad, my mouth hung wide open. Tears were already in my eyes but I didn't dare to let them fall.
I wouldn't cry over him. Not when he left me like that.

He once promised me to always be there for me. No matter how hard it was. And now? Where is he?
He left like everyone else that ever grows close to me.

I wasn't even angry that he left me. I was more angry about the way he left me, without even telling me an actual reason for his decision.

With a loud thud I let myself fall onto my back. Now here I am. Laying here alone again.
Not that I wasn't used to it, but I thought this time would not include someone leaving me behind.

My eyes wandered to my desk and looked at the second drawer on the right side. No one knew that I still kept my blades in there. Everyone thought I threw 'em all away.

Right now I felt the urge to cut again, but I decided not to. I was stronger than that. If I would do it again, my psychatrist would probably send me to a professional clinic and also the others would think I'm hopeless and probably slowly distant themselves from me.

My body sat up and I walked over to the drawer. I opened it and grabbed the blades. After I examined them I threw them into the trash can beside the desk.

After Ashton told me that it was over, I was wide awake again.
I open the door slightly and looked if someone was on the hallway. The boys were still downstairs, which I could tell by the noise coming from below.

I opened the door completely and walked out and downstiars. Quickly I slipped into my shoes, my jacket and grabbed an umbrella as it was still raining. As I opened the front door I looked in direction of the stairs and then over to the living room door, where Ashton stood looking at me.

My eyes wandered to my shoes and I slowly slipped out the door and back into the rain. My feet brought me down the road and to Timesquare.

I sat down at a busstop and looked up. Like always everything was shining in hundreds of different colours. Then my gaze fell onto a few girls, taking photos of themselves with all the lights in the background.
When they noticed me watching them, they smiled widely and came over. They must have recognized me, even though I kept my distance to the media and everything else to find back to myself.

The girls stopped in front of me and I put on a smile.
"You are Lia Tomlinson, right?" One of them asked me. They were about 5 girls.
"Yes, thats me." I smiled and they suddenly got very nervous and kind of shy.

"Can we take a picture with you and maybe get an autograph each?" Another girl asked.
I looked down at myself. I was still wearing sweatpants and Louis sweater under the coat.

"Sure thing." I said. I would never turn something like that down. "Tell me, where are you girls from?" I asked them after I signed some things for them and took the picture. "London. We're living in the same street as your cousin and your brother." They smiled and I nodded.

"Hey, isn't that your brother there?"  One of them asked looking at something behind  me.
I looked back and saw Louis looking around as if he was searching for something.
Quickly I turned around and looked at the girls again.

"Yes, seems like I need to go and find another place where I can hide." I joked and told them good-bye and that it was nice to meet them.

The girls left and I turned around to look for Louis. He spun around a few more times until his eyes found me in the crowd that was around me.

He came over and grabbed my shoulders.

"Are you stupid? How can you dare just leaving without someone knowing?" He said angry.

My eyes wandered to the ground and his grip immidiately softened.
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that. I was just worried sick. I don't want something to happen to you again. Do you understand?"
He asked softly.

I nodded. "How about we go back to the Villa?" He asked me and I shook my head.
"I don't wanna go there anymore. Can't I go to you and Dad?" I asked him, suddenly sounding pretty sad.

Louis looked at me a bit strange.
"Of course you can bug." He said as he furrowed his brows. "But why don't you wanna go there anymore?" He asked me and my head lowered.

"Ashton told me that it was now completely over with us and that it will not work out again." I said and Louis nodded understandingly.

"Okay. How about we go home then?" He smiled and I nodded.

We walked to the NYPD and into our shared room. We lay down in Louis bed together and watched a movie.
During the movie I slept in and finally forgot about everything for a few hours.

----------------------------------------

Hey guys, I just wanted to ask, how you would feel about a complete new book? Please message me or comment here, if you'd like to read a new book of me.

Also check out "Time" by @Hiya5sosthere ! The story is really good!

Thanks for reading, love you loads.
Yours,

Lin5secs