Chapter 23

I turned around and walked into my room, where I lowered myself on my bed. My eyes gazed over to the window and down the road. It was still raining like hell, but I felt better, knowing Louis was home with me and not still out there.

A knock was on my door. I turned my head around and hesitated to say 'Come in', but I did anyway. Niall opened the door with a cup in his hand and a towel. He threw the towel in my lap and sat down next to me. My eyes wandered to the cup in his hands, which were moving towards my hands. 

"I made you some hot chocolate." he said and smiled as I gladly accepted the cup. "But why?" I asked him. "Because when you told me everything was fine, I saw in your eyes that it's not and hot chocolate is always perfect in every situation." he said and I looked at the warm brown liquid in my hands.

Niall was simply the best friend I ever had. Well he was also one of my first real friends.

I smiled lightly as I took a sip. Niall watched me as I put the cup on my nightstand and grabbed the towel to dry my hair a bit. Then I walked over to my closet and grabbed one of the sweaters Louis kept in my closet. Again I turned around to Niall.

"Turn around and close your eyes or leave the room." I told Niall and he looked at me with furrowed brows. "Why?" "Because I wanna change into dry clothes!" I laughed at him and he rolled his eyes as he stood up. "I'll wait outside, tell me when I can come in again tho." he grinned and left as he sticked his tongue out.

Quickly I changed into my brothers sweater and some swet pants. "You can come in again." I yelled for Niall who laughed loudly as he opened the door again.

"You look stunning Bae." he laughed as he looked at my outfit I just changed in. "Ha Ha very funny." I said and grabbed the hot chocolate again. I sat against the back of the bed and turned on TV so I could go on watching my favourite episode of Misfits.

Niall shook his head and then sat down next to me. We were halfway through the episode as Louis walked in in sweat pants. He stopped and looked at me. "Is that my sweater?" he asked curious. "Noooo." I said and looked at Niall who was trying so hard not to laugh.

"Sure?" he asked again. "Nooo." I said again in the same tone and Niall couldn't hold it anymore, he nearly cried because he laughed so hard. "Ugh sisters sometimes." Louis said playfully rolling his eyes. "You love me anyways boo." I said as I smiled at him. He grabbed another one of his sweaters out of my closet and sat down on the other side of me.

The tree of us now watched the rest of the episode. After it finished Niall stood up. "I'll go hunting." he exclaimed. Louis and me looked at him confused. "You want to go hunting.." Louis started, "..In New York City?" I finished his sentences. "Yeah. Hunting for food tho." He snickered. Louis and me laughed and Niall left the room.

As the door closed it got very silent in the room. Somehow awkward. Louis turned to look at me. He put his arms around me and pulled me to his chest. I wrapped my arms around him and closed my eyes as I lay down my head on his chest. We stayed like this for a few minutes when Louis spoke up again.

"Lia?" he asked and I hummed, directing him to go on. "What did you want to tell me earlier?" he asked soothingly and my eyes shot open. "I-i.." I stuttered. Here we go again, me not knowing what to tell him.

"Was it important? It seemed so." he stated and I turned so I could look into his eyes. "Well..just that it wasn't your fault and you don't have to feel guilty 'cause of me. I somehow seem to be the born victim. But I am happy to have you back, I don't care how you acted. I forgive you, you know." I said and Louis stared at the TV in front of him. 

"You are not the born victim." he stated. "I am, but just leave it okay? It's over and everything is fine." I told him and he sighed, but  didn't talk about it anymore.

We watched two more episodes of Misfits together until Michael stormed in and practically jumped on us. "Hey tommo's Food just arrived." Michael screamed through the room and left as fast as he appeared. "I'd say, they ordered Pizza." I said to Louis who agreed.

We got up and went downstairs. While Louis walked into the kitchen, were all the others were, I walked into the living room. As I entered I noticed Ashton watching some random Tv show. "I'm sorry." I said and turned and walked to the kitchen. I sat down next to Luke, who looked at me serious.

"Have you seen a ghost or what? You are pretty much looking like you did." he asked, grinning. 

"No, she saw me as she walked in the living room." Ashton said and sat down next to Zayn, down the table. 

The whole kitchen got really quiet, while Ashton put a slice of Pizza on his plate. I looked at my empty plate and was a bit embarrassed. Everyone quickly looked around between me and Ashton and then sunk into their conversations again.

I watched as the others began to eat. My plate was empty and to be honest I didn't really feel like eating anymore. Slowly I stood up and walked to the door. As I was about to leave the room Louis called me up. 

"Lia!" he yelled after me. My gaze found his and he looked at me with a mixture of demand and concern. "Yeah?" I asked. My voice filled with insecurities.

"Would you please sit down and eat at least one slice?" he asked as the other boys all went silent and looked at me. I felt like crying right now. Why did he have to call me out like that? Couldn't he just have asked me afterwards and keep a slice for me then? 

"But I.." i started but Louis interrupted me again. "No buts, you have to eat." Somehow scared I looked at Ashton, who looked at me with a sad expression. My head lowered and I walked back to my seat, as I sat down Luke looked at me awaiting. "Pineapple." I whispered and he put a slice on my plate. While everyone was again sunk in their conversations, Louis looked at me until I started eating. 

Embarrassed I ate a slice and then walked into my room. I sat down on my bed and hugged  my pillow. I shoved my head into the pillow and just wanted to cry, but then  heard a quite knock on my door. 

"Just come in." I said, trying not to sound as exhausted and done as I was.

The door opened and Ashton came in, closing the door behind him.

"What do you want Ash?" I asked, my voice getting more quiet and shakier with every word that left my lips.

He sat down on the bed, keeping a bit of distance to me.

"Can we talk?" he asked.