Chapter 27 - - Roman.

~~~~it's like a 10 year time skip yeet yeet~~~~~

Virgil and I moved in together near my college, and he'd got a good foothold on his fashion brand, with a large following and recognisable brand.

After college, we moved back near to our home town into a house, where I picked up more acting jobs and started to become a recognised actor, which was an unreal thing for me.

I'd proposed when we were 25 when we went to France on a holiday, and got married two years later in front of a sunset, which meant our pictures came out looking amazing. Amelia was my best man and Patton was Virgil's best man. There'd been many tears, and Virgil sometimes liked to make fun of me for how much I'd cried at the vows, which I think is just cruel.

Alice and Amelia had split after a while because Alice had to move to England for a modelling job and the relationship couldn't take the distance. It was mutual and they're still friends, but Ameila was sad for a while afterwards. She found her soulmate, though, in a Walmart.

Our house was big compared to the apartments we'd lived in. Coincidentally, it was big enough for a baby.

Before our wedding we'd signed up to adopt as the process could takea while, and we were accepted and given a baby a year after.

Her name is Elly and we love her. We had a good time painting her room and getting furniture, then assembling it.

You may be interested to know that I'd grown out my hair to the point where if I tried I could tie it up, so the work was done with me wearing a bandana. It was good to have flexible hair for different roles.

Elly was a toddler when we adopted her, so she had a lot to learn and Virgil nervously baby-proofed the entire house at 3am one time.

Our room was spacious, with a large bed, two desks, wardrobe, large mirror and a window. Sometimes, if Elly had a nightmare, she'd crawl into bed with us and babble about it to us as we played with her hair. Janus was the best grandad. He bought her small gifts every time he saw her and would always play with her. My dad didn't see her much but still loved her to bits.

"Hey, Roman, I'm making eggs, like some?" Virgil asked as I walked down the stairs, the smell of eggs making me hungry.

"I'd love some," I responded, walking into the kitchen and looking into the pan.

"Gonna go check on Elly first," I smiled, taking out three plates and placing them on the side before going back up the stairs.

"Hey, bub, good morning," I greeted her, walking in and seeing her sat on the floor surrounded by different toys and taking the arms off of barbie dolls.

"Nice smells!" she beamed, staggering to stand up and plodding towards the door, following her nose.

"Woah there, Elly, we haven't got to the stairs yet," I chuckled, picking her up and taking her down the stairs with me. Elly's pudgy hands wrapped around my neck as she bounced in my arms about the promise of eggs.

"Daddy!" she yelled in my ear when she saw Virgil and made grabby hands for him. He plated the eggs and took her from me, bopping her nose and making her giggle. We sat at the table and ate our eggs, occasionally helping Elly eat hers so it didn't get all down her bib.

I glanced at the clock and sighed.

"We're filming today, I have to be gone by 12."

Virgil nodded as he flew an airplane at Elly, whose mouth was open wide.

"Oh, babe - Patton and Logan will be over for dinner tonight, I'll be cooking pizza with the help of Elly," Virgil reminded me.

"Don't you have a call with that scout guy at 2pm?" I asked.

"Oh, yeah, snake dad will be over to look after Elly at that time, it's gonna be a long and career-deciding call," Virgil cringed, obviously nervously anticipating the call.

"You're so talented, honey, there's no way they wouldn't want to help you," I reassured him.

Elly grinned and clapped her hands.

I finished my eggs and stood up to get dressed. I was jealous of Virgil for not having to change until Patton and Logan were due to arrive.

I was in the middle of getting dressed when Virgil rushed in with a crying Elly, asking me where the diapers are.

"They'd be in her room, right?" I suggested.

"Oh! Yeah! Thanks!" Virgil rushed, running back out the door with Elly still crying and going to presumably change her diaper. I laughed to myself and pulled on my skinny jeans, which now fitted me. I'd been able to do regular exercise since we moved near a gym.

Once I'd finished my routine, I went over to Elly's room and helped with whatever was happening. Elly was whimpering as Virgil changed her diaper, and I walked over with the baby powder in case he wanted to use it.

"Thanks," he sighed, taking it then forgetting to use it. Elly stopped whimpering and went to sleep on the changing table. That girl could sleep anytime and anywhere.

"You're doing amazingly, Virge, you're such a good dad," I told him, holding his arms in my hands and rubbing them comfortingly. I knew Virgil was worrying about being a bad dad and messing it up for Elly, which seemed odd as I was the one who had the only recently resolved daddy issues. He hugged me and held on tightly.

"Parenting is a joint job," I murmered in his ear, "We're in this together."

These were words he heard from me often, but I knew he needed to hear them. He let go and smiled, saying,
"I should probably clean up the plates."

"I'll help," I offered, following him down and drying the plates he washed after tucking Elly back into bed.

"Love you," Virgil smiled and pecked my lips. I returned the sentiment and asked if we had the right ingredients for pizza.

Turned out, no, we didn't.

We grabbed Elly and her pram and set off to the supermarket to stock up on food. As we walked down the flour aisle, we heard whispering from some girls down the aisle.

"Hey, are you Roman and Virgil Sanders?" they asked timidly, approaching us slowly.

"Yep, that's us!" I responded cheerfully and we took a selfie with them, asking that Elly be left out of it. It was weird being approached in public, but I found myself getting slowly used to it.

"Oh my god," Virgil whispered, blanching. I laughed at his face, because Virgil hadn't been recognised much in public before and wasn't used to it at all. Elly grabbed at a tube of oreos on the bottom shelf, making cute noises to get our attention. We had nothing against oreos, so we bought them too.

We went back home to unpack our shopping bags, when Roman got a call from Amelia.

"Roman? Roman. Oh god, Roman, please, you have to come help us, we're-"

She was cut off by a screech, then the line disconnected. We looked at each other in shock and wordlessly made the decision to go over to Amelia's, calling the police but finding the line busy.

Before we could leave, though, Remus burst through the door.